Han Wenqiang, was born in Dalian, Liaoning, China. He graduated from Architecture School of Central Academy of Fine Arts in 2005, since then he has been teaching there. Combing his teaching, he founded in 2010 his office in Beijing ARCHSTUDIO.
He mainly researches on contemporary architectural and interior environment based on traditional cultural background. He advocates to carefully read the particular requirements and constraints of every specific project during the design practice, constantly breakthrough and challenge limitations, and continuously deepen the whole process from concept to construction details as well as transform the relationship between the inside and the outside, the old and the new, the artificial and the natural. He devotes to making the space to be the communication medium between people and people, people and environment, so as to create a livable life.
His major projects include Tea House in Hutong, Waterside Buddist Shrine, Organic Farm, etc. His works has won Building of The Year by Archdaily, LEAF Awards, Interior Design’s Best of Year Awards, Taiwan Interior Design Gold Award, etc. His works have been invited to participate different exhibitions, such as Contemporary Architecture in China, Harvard, The Gwangju Design Biennale in South Korea, 10x100 - An Exhibition of 100 Architects for the 10th Anniversary of UED, etc.
2019 Architizer A+Awards—Jury
2018 FA Emerging Architect Award—Winner
2018, 2017 Building of the Year by Archdaily;
2017 Wood Design & Building Awards;
2017 The 8th IIDA Global Excellence Awards;
2017, 2015 Interior Design’s Best of Year Awards;
2016 LEAF Awards;
2016 A+ Awards by Architizer;
2016 The 12th Annual Hospitality Design Awards;
2016 American Architecture Prize - Architecture Renovation Silver Award;
2015 Taiwan Interior Design Award - Commercial Space Gold Award, The TID Award of Residential Space, The TID Award of Public Space;
2015 Contract magazine The 37th Annual Interior Awards - Restaurant Category and Exhibition Category;
2015 Asia Pacific Interior Design Awards - Leisure & Entertainment Space Gold Award, Food Space Gold Award and Living Space Silver Award;
2015 CIDA China Interior Design Award - Residential Award.
- IOMA Art Center, a symbiosis renovation in Beijing’s 798 Art Zone by Archstudio
- From, a traditional to a dynamic space. Folding Courtyard by ARCHSTUDIO
- The hill and the cave. Hillside Dwelling by ARCHSTUDIO
- Renovation of Multi-Function Hall in CAFA by Han Wenqiang and Zhao Yang
- Layering Courtyard by Archstudio
- Archstudio designs Buddhist shrine into a small mound in Hebei
- Twisting Courtyard, once a siheyuan, now a contemporary house by Archstudio
- Organic Farm by Archstudio-韩文强
- Haitang Villa by Archstudio
- The Great Wall Museum of Fine Art by ARCHSTUDIO
- From Traditional Hutong to Alley teahouses by ARCHSTUDIO