Iker Gil is the founder of MAS Studio, the Editor in Chief of the nonprofit MAS Context, and the Executive Director of the SOM Foundation. He has edited or coedited several books including Radical Logic: On the Work of Ensamble Studio and Shanghai Transforming.
He has curated multiple exhibitions including Nocturnal Landscapes, Poured Architecture: Sergio Prego on Miguel Fisac, and BOLD: Alternative Scenarios for Chicago, part of the inaugural Chicago Architecture Biennial. He was cocurator of Exhibit Columbus 2020–2021 and Associate Curator of the US Pavilion for the 2018 Venice Architecture Biennale. He has taught at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC), University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), and the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT).
Iker has received several grants and awards for his work, including the 2010 Emerging Visions Award from the Chicago Architectural Club, The Richard H. Driehaus Foundation grants, Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts grants, Ruy de Clavijo grant by Casa Asia, and PICE grant by AC/E (Acción Cultural Española).
- SOM Foundation's inaugural European Research Prize winner
- Geometry of Light at Farnsworth House by Luftwerk & Iker Gil
- Geometry of Light, by Luftwerk & Iker Gil transform Mies van der Rohe pavilion
- Dimensions of Citizenship. US Pavilion for the Biennale Architettura di Venezia 2018
- New Map Celebrates Concrete Architecture in Chicago. Concrete Chicago Map
- BILBAO. MAS Context. Issue 30-31
- NEW ISSUE.- DEBATE
- Another view, "Inside Marina City" by Iker Gil and Andreas E.G. Larsson
- Exhibition. Chatter: Architecture talks back at the art institute of chicago
- MAS Context, 25-26 Issue / LEGACY
- MAS Context, 23 / ORDINARY. Fall 14
- NARRATIVE. New issue for MAS Context magazine, and 5 YEARS!!
- New issue from the magazine MAS Context
- ABERRATION by MAS CONTEXT