Jose María Sánchez García was born in Don Benito (Badajoz) in 1975. He is an architect from the School of Architecture of Madrid (2002) and associate professor of the same school.
In 2003 she received a scholarship from the Velazquez House and in 2007-2008 the Academy of Spain in Rome.
At the international level he has received awards like 1st prize of Architectural Review Emerging Architecture in 2009 (exhibition at the RIBA, London), was honored as one of 10 emerging international studies by Architectural Record's Design Vanguard 2009 in New York, X Prize finalist Contractworld 2010 Hannover and was selected VII for Latin American Biennial of Architecture and Urbanism among others.
At national level he has been selected for XI Spanish Architecture Biennale, winning 1st prize in Young Architecture, Special Mention Award in the FAD 2010 Architecture and won 1st prize Nan V Awards of Architecture and Construction 2011 among others.
He has participated in national and international conferences and lectures in Barcelona Open Biarch in Lusiada University of Porto, in Izmir (Turkey), in Schools Architecture of Malaga, Sevilla, Zaragoza, Madrid, Segovia and at the Royal Academy of Spain in Rome.
He has also served as CISMEF09 international exhibition in Guangzhou, China, New York and Paris with exposure JAE Young Architects of Spain in Santiago Chile, Quito, Puerto Rico, Bogotá, Oran and Peru with 100% exposure Madrid at the RIBA in London, Athens and Moscow with the exhibition "Una ciudad llamada España" and with that of "35 + Exposición de Arquitectura Española" in Athens and Cyprus.
- Villa Cristina by Jose María Sánchez García
- 2017 Spanish Architecture Prize, ex-aequo, for, The Museum of Royal Collections and the Palace of Congresses and Hotel in Palma
- El Croquis - 189. José María Sánchez García / Alfredo Payá / Toni Gironès
- Winners 2016 COAM Awards
- José María Sánchez García awarded with the fourth BSI Swiss Architectural Award
- NEW GENERATIONS, JMSG
- Presentation of the awards of the XI Spanish Biennial of Architecture and Urbanism
- VII BIAU: Lecture by José María Sánchez García