Odile Decq set up her own office just after graduating at La Villette in 1978 while studying at Sciences Politiques Paris where she completed a post-graduate diploma in Urban Planning in 1979. International renown was not long in coming, as early as 1990 actually, with her first major commission: the Banque Populaire de l’Ouest in Rennes.
Numerous prizes and publications distinguished her work. By questioning the commission, the use, the matter, the body, the technique, the taste, the architecture of ‘Odile Decq Benoît Cornette” offers a paradoxical look, both tender and severe in today’s world. They were awarded a Golden Lion in Venice in 1996.
Alone since 1998, Odile Decq has been faithful to her fighting attitude while diversifying and radicalizing her research. She just completed the MACRO (Museum for Contemporary Art in Rome) in 2010 and the restaurant in Opera Garnier in Paris in 2011. In 2012, The FRAC (Fonds Regional d’Art Contemporain) in Rennes and the GL Events headquarter in Lyon will be completed. In 2007, Odile Decq was elected General Director of the Ecole Spéciale d’Architecture in Paris. Since that, she shares her time between organizing the school in developing it to an international level.
- Antares, Altitude with Attitude. A 30 story tower of luxury living in Barcelona by Odile Decq
- 10 Architecture Studios Led by Women [VIII]
- Odile Decq Unveils Antares, Her First Residential Skyscraper in Barcelona
- A conversation with Odile Decq. "PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE: about being an architect yesterday, today and beyond"
- Black on green. Saint-Ange Residency by Studio Odile Decq
- Phantom restaurant Opera Garnier by Odile Decq Benoit Cornette
- Odile Decq and Mohsen Mostafavi. ACSA INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE