Dorte Mandrup Arkitekter is founded in 1999 by Dorte Mandrup. Dorte Mandrup Arkitekter engages in a wide variety of projects; cultural institutions, buildings for children and youth, sports facilities, schools, housing, master plans and office buildings, as well as renovation and alteration of Federally Listed historical buildings.
The visionary methods of Dorte Mandrup Arkitekter are based on thorough analysis of every parameter involved in the brief.
On this foundation, new materials, constructions and variation of space, are investigated. The office seeks to combine the tactile and poetic experience of space with conceptual clarity and accuracy, in both large scale schemes and in detail.
Dorte Mandrup has been awarded numerous national and international awards. Among those: Bauwelt Prize, AR Award for Emerging Architecture – and the prestigious C.F. Hansen medal.
- A snowy owl’s flight through the landscape. Ilulissat Icefjord Centre by Dorte Mandrup
- Dorte Mandrup, the elegance of architecture with an intense look at the place, in a new exhibition
- A look of intense appreciation. The Wadden Sea Centre by Dorte Mandrup
- 10 Architecture Studios Led by Women [VIII]
- Dorte Mandrup winner to build "The Whale", a Cultural Building in Norway
- Dorte Mandrup Arkitekter won, new culture house and library, competition in Karlskrona
- Dorte Mandrup Wins Competition to design Heritage Center Atop a WWII Bunker
- Munkegaard School by Dorte Mandrup Arkitekter
- Children’s Culture House ama’r by Dorte Mandrup Arkitekter
- Read Nest by Dorte Mandrup Arkitekter