Grafton Architects was established in 1978. Directors Yvonne Farrell and Shelley McNamara are both graduates of UCD, are Fellows of the RIAI, are International Honorary Fellows of the RIBA and are elected members of Aosdána, the eminent Irish Art organisation.
Teachers at the School of Architecture at University College Dublin from 1976 to 2002, they have been visiting professors at Accademia d’Archittettura, Mendrisio, EPFL, Lausanne, held the Kenzo Tange chair at GSD Harvard and the Louis Kahn chair at Yale University.
They have been external examiners at numerous universities including Cambridge University and The London Metropolitan School of Architecture. As well as public lectures in Dublin and abroad, including the National Gallery of Ireland in Dublin and the Royal Academy in London, they have lectured widely in European and American Schools of Architecture.
- Grafton Architects completes Town House, the gate at Kingston University
- Biennale Architettura 2018 unveils details about "Freespace" theme
- Freespace, will be the subject of the 16th International Architecture Exhibition (2018)
- Yvonne Farrell and Shelley McNamara are awarded Thomas Jefferson Foundation Medal in Architecture
- La Biennale di Venezia appointed Yvonne Farrell and Shelley McNamara as curators of the 16th International Architecture Exhibition in 2018
- New UTEC Headquarters finalist in the MCHAP 2014/2015
- Grafton Architects won The Paul Marshall Building competition
- 10 Architecture Studios Led by Women [II]
- Sensing Spaces: Architecture Reimagined [VIDEOS]