Fernando Menis, (1951,Tenerife island, Spain). Throughout his 40 years professional career, Menis has achieved an architectural production that includes works of various scales and typologies, as well as long-term research projects. An expert in designing concert halls and auditoriums, he is internationally recognized and awarded for conceiving an innovative variable acoustics system for the CKK Jordanki Concert Hall (2015, Poland).
Among the projects completed, alone and in co-authorship: The Holy Redeemer of Las Chumberas Church and Community Centre (2021), El Tanque Cultural Space Public Garden (2021), CKK "Jordanki" Concert and Conventions Hall, in Poland (2015) , Plaza Bürchen in Switzerland (2015), Insular Athletics Stadium (2007), Magma Arte & Congresos (2007), Floating pool in the Spree River of Berlin (2004) and the Presidency of the Canary Islands Government in Tenerife (2000). Among the ongoing projects, the following stand out: the Adaptive Reuse of the Viera y Clavijo Cultural Park as the Rodin Museum Tenerife, the Boa Vista Masterplan, the Pájara Conventions and Concert Hall in Fuerteventura, the Rehabilitation of the Cultural Center in La Guancha, the Rehabilitation of the Teobaldo Power Performative Arts Hall in La Orotava.
Distinguished on 10 occasions with the Manuel de Oráa Canary Islands Architecture Prize, Menis also won: the Prize for the Best Cultural Building in Poland 2015 from the National Council of Architects of Poland; the CEMEX Award for Universal Accessibility 2016; the 2016 Taipei Design Award to the Best Public Building; the Stone Award at the VIII International Stone Architecture Award 2005; and the Prize of the V Spanish Biennial of Architecture 1998, among others. Architect Doctor from the Polytechnic University of Valencia, his works have been shown in several editions of the Venice Architecture Biennale, at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, at the Aedes Berlin gallery and the GA gallery in Tokyo. The Holy Redeemer Church of Las Chumberas is part of the permanent collection of the MoMA Museum of Modern Art in New York.
- Recovering the pre-industrial landscape. El Tanque Garden by Fernando Menis
- Holy Redeemer Church by Fernando Menis. Faith & Form International Award for Religious Architecture & Art
- The second European headquarters of the Rodin Museum will be designed by Fernando Menis
- "Backstage" Menis Arquitectos in Aedes Gallery
- Christmas lighting in Fuerteventura island by Fernando Menis
- Special relationship between the new and the old. CKK Jordanki by Fernando Menis
- Badeschiff. Floating pool in Berlin by Fernando Menis
- Fernando Menis wins New & Old WAF´s award
- MENIS. Fernando Menis, Architecture of place