Sheila O'Donnell (Dublin, Ireland, 1953), gets the B.Arch at University College Dublin in 1976, working for Spencer & Webster from 1978-1980, and Colquhoun and Miller between 1979 and 1980. In 1980, she obtained the Master of Arts from the Royal College of Art (RCA) in London, the same year she starts working for Stirling Wildford & Associates (London). O'Donnell has served as visiting professor at various universities like Princeton, Buffalo and Washington. He has been jury of awards such as the Royal Institute of British Architects (2005-2009), and member of the Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland (Ireland) and the American Institute of Architects.
Sheila O'Donnell and John Tuomey established O'Donnell + Tuomey in 1988. The practice has developed an international reputation for cultural, social and educational buildings including the Irish Film Centre, Ranelagh School, Furniture College, Letterfrack, Glucksman Gallery, Cork, Timberyard Social Housing and the Lyric Theatre in Belfast. They are currently engaged in the design of university buildings, schools, housing and mixed use buildings in Ireland and the UK. They have been involved in urban design projects including the Temple Bar regeneration in Dublin and the Zuid Poort masterplan in Delft. Both lecture in University College Dublin and have taught at a number of schools of architecture in UK and USA including AA, Cambridge, Princeton, Harvard, Syracuse and Buffalo Universities. O'Donnell + Tuomey's work has been widely published and exhibited and has received many national and international awards.
- S H E I L A O ‘ D O N N E L L
- 10 Architecture Studios Led by Women [VI]
- Women in Architecture Awards: Sheila O'Donnell, 2019 Architect of the Year and Xu Tiantian, Moira Gemmill Prize for Emerging Architects
- Diller Scofidio + Renfro and O'Donnell + Tuomey unveil designs for V&A East project
- RIBA International Prize 2018. World's best new buildings revealed
- Sewing new and old. Budapest university by O'Donnell + Tuomey
- Two Spanish among the winners for Olympicopolis
- RIBA awards Royal Gold Medal to Irish O'Donnell + Tuomey
- LSE's Saw Swee Hock Student Centre by O'Donnell + Tuomey
- Photographers' Gallery in London