Kentaro Kurihara (1977, Saitama, Japan) and Miho Iwatsuki (1977, Aichi, Japan) both worked at Junya Ishigami + Associates in the period 2004-2005. In 2006, they decided to establish the office Studio Velocity. Both are teachers at Aichi Sangyo University, and Kurihara also works at Toyota National college of Technology. They have received several prizes, among their latest awards is the winning prize at the International Architecture Awards (2011) and the AR House 2013.
Kurihara and Iwatsuki have participated in a number of private and group exhibitions, like "JA86 Next Generation -Manifestations of Architects Under 35" in Tokyo, 2012, and "Traces of Centuries & Future Steps", at the Venice Architecture Biennale 2012.
- 10 office buildings that change the way you work
- A curved surface as roof. Office in Sanno by Studio Velocity
- A green atmosphere. House surrounded by the hedges by Studio Velocity
- Swelled House, by Studio Velocity
- House in Chiharada by Studio Velocity
- Little One-Room House with a Curve by Studio Velocity
- Montblanc House by Studio Velocity
- Forest House in the City by Studio Velocity