Isidro Blasco was born in Madrid in 1962 and moved to New York in 1996. He is an artist who combines his work in photography, architecture and sculpture to create spaces that reproduce daily life. It has been said about him that their projects are reminiscent of Cubist and Constructivist solutions. He has a Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts from Autonoma University of Madrid, Spain and he is a candidate for a Ph.D. at the Architectural School of Madrid. He was selected for the Spanish Academy in Rome in 1991, received Pollock Krasner Foundation Grants in 1998 and 2010 and a Guggenheim Foundation fellowship in Visual Arts in 2000.
Isidro Blasco has shown extensively in the US and Europe as well as in Shanghai, Sydney and Santiago de Chile. He has had solo exhibitions in New York at P.S.1, Queens, NY and at the Queens Museum of Art. Exhibitions also include the Whitney Museum, Champion Branch, NYC; the Reina Sofia, Madrid, Spain; the Museo de Arte y Diseño Contemporáneo, San José, Costa Rica; El Museo del Barrio, NYC; Sculpture Center, Queens, NY; and at the Leubsdorf Art Gallery at Hunter College, NYC. He participated at the upcoming Helsinki Photography Biennial 2012 in Finland.
- Re-Turn to Ithaca. "Surface variations" by Isidro Blasco
- Immersive reality. Brooklyn Bridge by Isidro Blasco
- Intervention at the Conde Duque Cultural Centre. No Place Like Home by Isidro Blasco
- Sculptural performance by Isidro Blasco at the Lázaro Galdiano Museum
- Houses Adrift by Isidro Blasco, in Esther Massry Gallery
- INTERVENTIONS 4. "House of the Grisa" of Isidro Blasco with performances by others
- Adrift Houses by Isidro Blasco
- Isidro Blasco: Above and under L-Train
- OPENING: Isidro Blasco, latest work
- PRIME by Isidro Blasco
- CASA EN LÍNEA by Isidro Blasco
- Opening. CASA EN LÍNEA by Isidro Blasco
- Isidro Blasco: Foregrounding the Palisades
- ISIDRO BLASCO: TILTED