CHEVALIER MORALES ARCHITECTS. Stephan Chevalier and Sergio Morales founded Chevalier Morales in 2005. The firm strives to create contemporary architecture that is sensible and responsible on many levels. They consider the building as an intervention that exceeds its own limitations, influencing territory, identity, and communities. Their inspiration stems from a broader reading of a project’s context, resulting in an architecture that is rooted in its own cultural territory.
Chevalier Morales is known most notably for winning several architectural competitions for institutional and cultural projects: the Saul-Bellow Library (Lachine), the Maison de la littérature (Québec), the Drummondville Library (Drummondville), the Pierrefonds Library (Montréal), and most recently, the Agora des Arts in Rouyn-Noranda. The firm has also developed award-winning residential projects such as the Roy-Lawrence House and the Vallée du Parc Residence.
Chevalier Morales has built a reputation for the quality of their work, which in recent years has resulted in winning several prestigious prizes such as two consecutive Grand Prix of Excellence awarded by the Architect Association of Québec for the Maison de la littérature (2017) and the Bibliothèque de Drummondville (2019). The firm is the recipient of the 2018 Emerging Architectural Practice Award by the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) as well as a General Governor’s Medal in Architecture for the Maison de la littérature.
- Reintepretation of the architecture of the 50’s. Résidence de l’Isle by Chevalier Morales
- Creating city. Drummondville Public Library by Chevalier Morales Architectes
- Maison de la littérature (House of Literature) by Chevalier Morales Architectes
- A bucolic and almost fictional landscape. Vallée du Parc Residence by Chevalier Morales Architectes
- Montreal-based Chevalier Morales Architectes recipient of 2018 Emerging Architectural Practice Award RAIC
- Saul-Bellow Library by Chevalier Morales Architectes
- Résidence Roy-Lawrence by Chevalier Morales Architectes