Gustafson Porter + Bowman are an award-winning landscape architecture practice based in London. We have a talented team of landscape architects, architects and urban designers led by 5 partners. Our wide-ranging specialisations allow us to engage with a multitude of projects from the urban masterplan scale to bespoke designs. Our design process is always based on a deep understanding of a site; its geographical context and the organisations and cultures that shape them.
We always visit our sites, research their location, history, hydrology, soils, plant communities, local context and site constraints. We will talk to clients, stakeholders and local people about their needs and ambitions. Only once we feel that we have understood these will we start developing a strong conceptual framework that lends meaning and distinctiveness to our landscape work. Throughout our 23-year history, we have sought to continuously push the boundaries of what constitutes the field of landscape design. We care deeply about our work, with strong personal commitments to achieving the best possible outcome for our clients, the environment and the local community. Our strong engagement with local communities and stakeholders, including artists and scientists, adds layers of richness to our work.
- A landscape as an ecological link. ConfEx Park by Sauerbruch Hutton, Gustafson Porter + Bowman, Stavropoulou Architects
- The controversial contest for the renovation of AZCA won by Diller Scofidio + Renfro and b720 Fermín Vázquez
- Gustafson Porter + Bowman, Winners of the Site Tour Eiffel Competition
- 10 Architecture Studios Led by Women [III]
- Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain by Gustafson Porter