TYIN tegnestue Architects (Andreas G. Gjertsen, Yashar Hanstad) was established in 2008 and has built projects in poor and underdeveloped areas of Thailand, Uganda and Sumatra. Solutions to fundamental challenges call for an architecture where everything serves a purpose, an architecture that follows necessity.
By involving the local populace actively in both the design and building of their projects, TYIN are able to establish a framework for mutual exchange of knowledge and skills. All materials used in TYIN´s projects are collected close to the sites or purchased from local merchants.
The studio is currently run by Andreas G. Gjertsen and Yashar Hanstad, and has its headquarters in the Norwegian city of Trondheim. TYIN has won several international awards and their projects have been published and exhibited worldwide.
- Rent out artist residency Fleinvær by TYIN tegnestue Architects and Rintala Eggertsson Architects
- TYIN tegnestue in detail at the MUSAC
- TYIN tegnestue: in detail
- "Lyset Paa Lista" Viewpoint in Lista by TYIN
- Lecture by YASHAR HANSTAD from TYIN at Alcalá
- Naust paa Aure by TYIN
- Cassia Coop Training Centre by TYIN tegnestue
- KLONG TOEY COMMUNITY LANTERN. Global Award for Sustainable Architecture 2012!
- Timelapse of Safe Haven Library by TYIN tegnestue