Iyad Alsaka joined OMA as a director in 2007 and became partner in 2011. Responsible for OMA’s work in the Middle East and Africa, Iyad has led projects including the acclaimed masterplan for Waterfront City in Dubai, the HIA Airport City masterplan in Doha, Concrete at Alserkal Avenue, a new public venue for Dubai’s cultural district, and the Qatar National Library in Doha. Iyad's current projects include The Prestige Mumbai, the Wafra Tower in Kuwait City, the Bandra Kurla Complex in Mumbai, and the Qatar Cultural and Sports Hub in Doha. Born in 1969 in Syria, Iyad holds a degree in Architectural Engineering from the University of Aleppo.
- Dhaka Tower, OMA’s First Project in Bangladesh, Breaks Ground
- Islamic Arts Biennale design by OMA Opens its First Edition in Western Hajj Terminal
- Western Hajj Terminal home of Islamic Arts Biennale First Edition, by OMA
- Mixed-used development in Mumbai. Prestige Liberty Towers by OMA / Iyad Alsaka
- OMA Reveals Design for Residential Tower in Kuwait City
- OMA’s Qatar National Library Officially Opened
- OMA appoints new Partners