Leopold Banchini was born in Geneva in 1981 and is an architect graduated from the EPFL (Ecole Polytechinique Fédérale de Lausanne). He is also Master in Architecture from the University of Lausanne (2007) and graduate of the Glasgow School of Art (2004).
Is a visiting professor in the HEAD (Haute Ecole de Design et) in Geneva since 2010 and Assistant Professor at the EPFL since 2009. He has also been Archozoom project designer in 2009.
Has been placed in Lot / ek Architects (New York) between the years 2004/2005, as an assistant project Art Basel (Basel) in 2005, and as a project partner of the collective Atelier Van Lieshout (AVL) that same year in Rotterdam.
He has developed his work as an architect in b720 Arquitectos (Barcelona) during the years 2007 and 2008, and Group8 Architects (Geneva) in 2009.
In addition, since 2008 part of 1to100 Architects, and architectural collective based in Geneva. Its members have been active and decisive parts in projects such as the winning participation of Bahrain at the last Venice Biennale - RECLAIM Golden Lion 2011, exhibitions such as The Gulf - OMA-AMO's participation at the Venice Biennale 2007 and publications such as AMO-Rem Koolhaas's Al Manakh. Parallel to that, they conduce many different operations ranging from architecture, to journalism, until urban design. They have teaching positions at the EPFL and the University of Arts and Design in Geneva.
Its aim is to take position and initiate reflexions upon our contemporary environment.
- On a wall and a landscape. Atelier Hawkesbury by Leopold Banchini Architects
- A house built of repurposed electrical posts. Marra Marra Shack by Leopold Banchini
- Weaved architecture. Al Naseej Textile Factory by Leopold Banchini Architects
- A vernacular structure built to dance around the fire. Moon Ra Pavilion by Leopold Banchini
- A family of 134 oaks has settled in the heart of Geneva. 7000 Oaks by BUREAU
- Casa do Monte by Leopold Banchini Architects + Daniel Zamarbide
- The Dodged House by Daniel Zamarbide and Leopold Banchini
- House for Architectural Heritage by Leopold Banchini Architects
- Light and transparency in wood. Casa CFF by Leopold Banchini Architects
- 3-8. The new design piece by Leopold Banchini
- Panorama Suburbia House extension by Leopold Banchini and Daniel Zamarbide
- Montreux Jazz Festival circular pavilion by BUREAU A
- Ode to techno: THE CLUB by BUREAU A
- Circle for Le Cercle, by BUREAU A
- An inflatable bar: Shelter by Bureau A
- La Vérité de la Montagne by BUREAU A
- The new Performance space by BUREAU A
- BIG's first edition by BUREAU A
- Fountain 2017 by BUREAU A
- The revenge of the worms by Bureau A
- FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE? by Bureau A
- Can one be a revolutionary and love flowers?
- Spirulina Fountain by Bureau A
- A mountain shelter in the Swiss Alps. ANTOINE by Bureau A
- LA CABUCHE by Bureau A
- 'From Modernity to Tradition' by Bureau A
- 'Maidan Survey'; new book by Bureau A
- Ta di Ôtô by Bureau A
- The Collection at Montreux Jazz Festival 2013
- PAROLE - Champ-Dollon 1/24
- Bada Bing boardwalk for Montreux Jazz Festival 2013 By Bureau A
- BAB AL BAHRAIN PAVILLION by Noura Al Sayeh + Leopold Banchini
- NOMAD by 1/100, at PARIS!!