Clément Blanchet Architecture (cBA) is an innovative architecture and urban design practice that brings together multidisciplinary and multicultural actors on themes around the city, architecture and all media related to it. The firm approaches the design of architecture, infrastructure and the city as necessarily interrelated, and in negotiation with planning, development and public space. The practice is structured as a laboratory, informing and generating architecture and urbanism out of the conditions of the city and territory.
The synergy between theory and practice is the base of its methodological approach. The practice engages the consciousness of reality, of the real world, but also the analysis of phenomena – environmental, developmental, economic - that affect and feed architecture. This methodology not only deals with inventions but also with manipulations, making program legible, and ensuring resilience and durability over time. This structure operates at multiple scales; from designing interiors to public cultural facilities, while considering specific approaches in the areas of education, housing, infrastructure, landscape and urbanism. The firm has also developed tools for dialogue with different urban and project actors, aimed to place the user at the heart of the creative process.
Clément Blanchet is Principle of Clément Blanchet Architecture (cBA) and a former Associate of the Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA), where he joined in 2004.
In 2011, Clement Blanchet was appointed Director of OMA France, with whom cBA continues to collaborate with on ongoing projects led by Blanchet.
He graduated with high honours from the Architectural school of Versailles and has been an invited critic in France, England, Holland, Switzerland, Denmark & Sweden. He currently teaches at Paris Val de Seine Architectural School and ESA. Clément Blanchet divides his time between this firm in Paris and the United States where he also teaches at the University of Michigan and Rice University.
- Winners of the international competition for the headquarters of the Sicily region
- A dialogue with the urban environment. Red Star Stadium by Clèment Blanchet Architecture and SCAU
- Clément Blanchet and AREP Propose Design for France Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai
- Clément Blanchet Architecture wins the international competition for the design of the new Circus³
- Open to the Public. New Library of Caen designed by OMA and Barcode Architects
- OMA’s Bibliothèque Alexis de Tocqueville will be complete on January 2017
- Le Chabanais by Clément Blanchet
- IRT St Exupéry by Clément Blanchet Architecture
- OMA. Library in Caen, under construction
- Ecole Centrale conference with Rem Koolhaas and Clement Blanchet
- [VIDEO] PEX by OMA Rem Koolhaas - Clément Blanchet
- (IM)PURE, (IN)FORMAL, (UN)BUILT
- Restaurant Le Dauphin / OMA (2)
- ARCHITECTURE ET NOURRITURE. Le Dauphin / OMA
- OMA and the Library in Caen