Boa Mistura. The work of Boa Mistura is all about the love of graffiti, colour and life. This group of 5 Spanish artists is, as the name says, a good mixture. Arkoh, Derko, Pahg, Purone and Rdick have developed their work in different fields, applying both a diversity of styles and the different views of each member. Boa Mistura represents a mixture of perspectives which complement, influence and mix themselves together in order to create something better. From graffiti and mural painting, to graphic design and illustration, Boa Mistrua want to give the world its colour back. 5 heads, 10 hands, just one heart.
Boa Mistura is a multidisciplinary group whose roots are in graffiti, formed at the end of 2001 in Madrid, Spain. The group works in various fields: from the latest trends in graffiti and street murals, to illustration, graphic design, studio painting and collaborations with interior designers and architects.
They have taken part in exhibitions in art galleries such as the Reina Sofía Museum and the Casa Encendida in Madrid, and the DA2 Museum in Salamanca. They have collaborated with foundations such as ONCE (Spanish national organisation for the blind), Oxfam and Antonio Gala, and given lectures at universities such as Madrid, Seville and Alcalá de Henares.
Boa Mistura has completed projects for brands such as Google, Microsoft, Sony Music and Adidas and in 2010 a Latin Grammy nomination for best cover design. The term “Boa Mistura”, from the Portuguese for “good mixture”, refers to the diversity of style and perspectives of each member. Love for graffiti, colour and life. Distinct visions which complement each other, influence each other, and always combine to create something even better.
Javier Serrano Guerra, “Pahg”. An architect from ETSAG in Madrid who specialised in landscape design at the IUAV in Venice.
Juan Jaume Fernández, “Derko”. Graduated in Fine Art, specialising in photography and video, from the University of the Arts in Berlin.
Pablo Ferreiro Mederos, “Arkoh”. Graduated in Fine Art, specialising in graphic design, from the TAIK University of Art and Design in Helsinki.
Pablo Purón Carrillo, “Purone”. An illustrator who graduated in Advertising and Public Relations from the URJC in Madrid.
Rubén Martín de Lucas, “rDick”. Civil engineer from the UPM (Polytechnic University).
- New perspective on the urban landscape. UNIÓN by Boa Mistura, Myke Towers
- Perimetral fence surrounding The Bauhaus Archives. The alphabet applied to the context by Boa Mistura
- Art that breathes vs Murals to clean the air in Mexico
- Boa Mistura paints more than fifty boats for the preservation of marine biodiversity
- BOA MISTURA fills the Cañada with color
- An Oasis for Ritsona by Boa Mistura
- TAIHE. Supreme Harmony. The new project by BOA MISTURA
- Nierika. A new project by BOA MISTURA
- They have done it again! We came back to the favela by Boa Mistura
- Boa Mistura in PHotoEspaña 2016
- A leaf shouting LIFE, by Boa Mistura
- Al Karama by Boa Mistura
- "Look yourself through this poem of water", by Boa Mistura
- Samuel Feijoo, MI RAÍZ ES: Boa Mistura at Havana Biennale
- LIVE TO LEARN by BOA MISTURA
- Micro-poetic Madrid, positive Madrid
- RÉALITÉ: BOA MISTURA at NUIT BLANCHE 2014, PARIS
- Proyecto Las Américas, fase piloto.
- Anamorfosis by Boa Mistura at Ponce + Robles
- Video: SOMOS LUZ, by BOAMISTURA
- Boa Mistura in Mercado de la Cebada
- BoaMistura and MULAFEST
- SOMOS LUZ (WE ARE LIGHT). Crossroads Panamá, 2013
- BOA MISTURA ON THE STREETS OF MADRID, ZARAGOZA & MALLORCA
- Boa Mistura "LUZ NAS VIELAS" in Raquel Ponce Gallery
- LUZ NAS VIELAS
- Opening DIAMOND INSIDE in Madrid
- DIAMOND INSIDE
- ORDER IS INTANGIBLE
- BOAMISTURA at Antonio Gala Foundation
- Archena School of Music