Benoit Jallon. 18th May 1972 Grenoble (fr). Fascinated by the body’s structure with its logical organisation, layers and strata, Benoit Jallon first turned to medical studies. However, his need for involvement and creativity soon led him to begin studying architecture. He graduated from the Villette School of Architecture in 2001 with a special mention from the jury. Curiosity and a thirst for knowledge have led him to travel widely, particularly in Italy.
Umberto Napolitano. 27th November 1975 Naples (it). Umberto Napolitano began his architectural studies in Italy and completed them in France at the Villette School of Architecture where he graduated in 2001 with a special mention from the jury. He rapidly developed a critical approach to the separation between theory and practice. In parallel with his architectural education, he also worked with a number of architects. His involvement in Franco-American workshops has given his work an international flavour and allowed him to absorb other cultures and skills.
LAN (Local Architecture Network) was created by Benoît Jallon and Umberto Napolitano in 2002. LAN has received several awards: the Nouveaux Albums de la Jeune Architecture (NAJA) prize awarded by the French Ministry of Culture and Communication (2004); the International Architecture Award from the Chicago Athenaeum and the European Urban Centre for Architecture, Art, Design and Urban Studies, the Archi-Bau Award, the Special Prize at the 12th World Triennale of Architecture, Sofia (2009); the AR Mipim Future Projects Award and the Europe 40 Under 40 Award (2010). In 2011 the office was awarded at the LEAF Awards with the Best Sustainable Development in Keeping with its Environment prize and at the SAIE Selection Awards.
- LAN, Italian-French studio, winner of the GRANDE MAXXI International Ideas Contest
- Paris, part 2 architecture guide: 22 buildings more [II]
- Urban dialogue in the distance. Léonard de Vinci Institute by LAN
- Winners Announced of BigMat International Architecture Award 2021
- Color over the city. Nolistra by LAN architecture and TOA architects
- Modernization of the workspace. PARIS XI Office by LAN architectes
- First building of the future Polaris District by LAN Architecture
- The office tower of LAN Architects, finishes the masterplan Euralille
- Exhibition Paris Haussmann. Modèle de ville. One of most important urban renovations
- Urban renovation of Lormont génicart district + 79 collective housing units in Bègles
- Ambiguous housing. Residential development by LAN
- Saint-Jacques-de-la-Lande town hall by LAN
- Reinventing collective dwelling - 79 apartments by LAN
- Urban Renovation by LAN Architecture
- Le Maillon Theater, This is not a theatre! by LAN architects
- LAN wins the renovation of Le Grand Palais des Champs Elysées