Rudy Ricciotti was born in Kouba ( Algeria), of Italian origin on August 22, 1952 and he moved to France at the age of three. Rudy Ricciotti spent part of his youth in Port-Saint-Louis-du-Rhône. He studied engineering in Switzerland in 1975 and he graduated from the École Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture de Marseille in 1980.
Rudy Ricciotti represents a generation of architects that combine creative energy and true building culture. Author of large buildings in France, including the National Choreographic Centre of Aix-en-Provence, also gained international renown as the Gate of Peace in Seoul or Nikolaisaal of Potsdam in Germany, the Festival Palace in Venice, the Museum of Contemporary Art of Liège Philharmonic or Gstaad for a Festival created by Yehudi Menuhin.
In 2005, he won the competition for the construction of the library of Rouen. On November 7, 2007, He won the competition organized by the City of Paris for the construction of the new stage of John Bouin2. He was also appointed in 2002 to a flagship project of the second city of France: le Musée des civilisations de l'Europe et de la Méditerranée (MUCEM) in Marseille, as part of the European Capital of Culture 2013 of the city of Marseille.
He is President Al Dante editions since 2007. Al Dante publishes books (poetry, experimental prose and poetry, theoretical essays, catalogs and artist publications, anthologies, magazines), and CD (sound poetry, music), DVDs, newspapers, participates and organizes events (lectures, presentations , symposia, exhibitions ...). He is a member of the editorial board of the magazine L'Architecture d'aujourd'hui.
Rudy Ricciotti is a recipient of: Grand Prix National d’Architecture, Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur, Commandeur de l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres and Officier de l’Ordre National du Mérite.
- Paris, part 2 architecture guide: 22 buildings more [II]
- 10 buildings about our historical memory that you should not forget
- Craftmanship and innovation. Chanel's New 19M Métiers d’Art Headquarters by Rudy Ricciotti
- EU MIES AWARD TALKS: 5 lectures, 4 cities, 3 days
- Rivesaltes Memorial by Rudy Ricciotti + Passelac & Roques Archs
- L'ARCHITECTURE EST UN SPORT DE COMBAT by RUDY RICCIOTTI
- RUDY RICCIOTTI "Je suis un architecte catholique"
- MuCem in Marseille's year