Alejandro Zaera-Polo is an architect and co-founder of London, Zurich and Princeton-based Alejandro Zaera-Polo and Maider Llaguno Architecture (AZPML).He graduated from the Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid with Honors and obtained an MARCH2 degree from Harvard GSD with Distinction. He worked at OMA in Rotterdam prior to establishing first FOA in 1993, and AZPA in 2011, the vehicles where he has developed a successful international professional practice since.
In parallel to his professional activities, Alejandro Zaera-Polo has developed a substantial role within academia. He was the Dean of the Berlage Institute in Rotterdam and currently occupies the Berlage Chair at the Technical university of Delft. He is also a Visiting Professor at Princeton University and the first recipient of the Norman R. Foster Visiting Professorship at Yale. He has published extensively as a theorist in El Croquis, Quaderns, A+U, Arch+, Volume, Log and many other international magazines and is a member of the London School of Economics Urban Age project.
- TLS + AZPML Win Shenzhen Bay Super Headquarters Central Green Axis Landscape "Aggressively biological”
- Fundación Cerezales Antonino y Cinia by Alejandro Zaera Polo & Maider Llaguno
- Winners 2016 COAM Awards
- Birmingham New Street Station by AZPML [New images]
- Birmingham New Street Station by AZPML
- AZPML wins Austro Control Headquarters Tower Vienna
- The battle between Princeton-Christopher Eisgruber and Zaera-Polo
- AZPA wins Competition Palazzo del Cinema at Locarno
- Alejandro Zaera Polo
- “TOWARDS A THEORY OF MISBEHAVIOR”
- Alejandro Zaera-Polo named dean of Princeton’s School of Architecture
- AZPA. Alejandro Zaera-Polo's new office
- MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE
- "PAY THE PIPER". Alejandro Zaera Polo