METALOCUS-[JOB] [NYC] USA
metalocus, INÉS LALUETA
We are a fast-growing garden design/build firm with clients primarily in Manhattan and Brooklyn. We have several horticulturalists and LArchs on staff and we like to work with wide varieties and unusual species of plants. Work is largely small scale/residential, but we are aiming towards higher concept and larger scale work.
Landscape Architect/Designer. New York, NY
- Project management of med-large design/install projects - includes tracking budgets, creating estimates, design work, presentations to clients, client management, sourcing of materials, meetings, etc.
- Field management as needed
- Assisting field staff as needed with estimates and design work
- Must be available for evening meetings with clients if needed
- Management of interns as needed
- Produce detailed/evocative renderings of small garden spaces through combination of 3-d modeling (AutoCad, Sketchup, Rhino) and Photoshop/Illustrator. Both perspectival and plan renderings.
- Independently coordinate small installation projects.
- Research plants, develop plant palettes to supplement renderings
- Research furniture / planters / lighting / etc. Determine availability of products and place orders.
- Assemble proposals for RFPs, RFQs.
Landscape arch / equivalent degree
Preference for applicants with experience in design/build in New York City
Interest in / experience with the construction process on small scale
Ability to move a project forward from design through installation
Understanding of basic project management - contracts, invoicing, estimating, coordination of installs, etc.
Self-starter, proactive, leader. You will be running your own projects with minimal management.
Able to manage own tasks on multiple projects, but be accountable at all stages for progress of work.
Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples as one file.