Daniel Zamarbide obtains his master degree at the Institut d’Architecture de l’Université de Genève (IAUG) in 1999. During his studies he followed the workshops of Christian Marclay, Philippe Parreno and Catherine Queloz at the École Supérieure des Beaux Arts in Geneva.
In the year 2000 he becomes one of the founding members of group8, an architectural practice that has acquired an important national and international recognition.
Daniel Zamarbide has developed through the years a particular interest in the protean aspects of his discipline and nourishes his work and research through other domains like philosophy, applied and visual arts as well as cinema.
As a guest lecturer and jury he has been invited at a diversity of international schools and institutions to present and discuss his work and research.
Since 2003 his interest in research and education has led him to be invited as an assistant in the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) and as a professor (2000-14) at the Haute École d’Art et de Design (HEAD) in Geneva. In 2014, he integrates the team of ALICE Lab (Dieter Dietz) at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) as a guest professor and research director.
In 2012, Daniel leaves group8 to start a new practice with Leopold Banchini, architect. Their practice, BUREAU A has explored during 5 years the possibilities of architectural making in a great variety of formats, opening the practice to work in the fields of art, garden and landscape architecture, exhibition design, temporary architecture and object making.
In 2017, following the dissolution of BUREAU A, Daniel Zamarbide pursues his more personal research interests under the name of BUREAU. This new entity produces architecture in the continuity of BUREAU A and incorporates to his already prolific activities furniture design (with a design brand of the same name) and an editorial project, which launches the first publication in June 2017.
- Light and open space. Molar House by BUREAU
- A liveable sculpture. Thérèse by BUREAU
- The table as an element of proximity. SAWERDŌ (Bakery & Coffee) by BUREAU
- A special exhibition. Distant Lights by BUREAU
- 10 office buildings that change the way you work
- Architecture for one-person families. Maria by Bureau
- Activate all the senses. Mush Rooms by BUREAU - Daniel Zamarbide, Walter El Nagar, Filipe Felizardo
- A family of 134 oaks has settled in the heart of Geneva. 7000 Oaks by BUREAU
- Craft sandwiches bar and much more. BBB by Daniel Zamarbide | BUREAU
- Projecting individually and collectively through mobility. Bureaus's office by BUREAU
- Natural flows towards the lake leman. Mr Barrett's garden by BUREAU
- Sensorial richness. Mr Barrett's house by BUREAU
- Casa do Monte by Leopold Banchini Architects + Daniel Zamarbide
- The Dodged House by Daniel Zamarbide and Leopold Banchini
- A new scenography of DIREKTOR by BUREAU
- Panorama Suburbia House extension by Leopold Banchini and Daniel Zamarbide
- American promised dream of 50’s. A-FRAME by BUREAU
- Montreux Jazz Festival circular pavilion by BUREAU A
- Ode to techno: THE CLUB by BUREAU A
- Circle for Le Cercle, by BUREAU A
- An inflatable bar: Shelter by Bureau A
- La Vérité de la Montagne by BUREAU A
- The new Performance space by BUREAU A
- BIG's first edition by BUREAU A
- Fountain 2017 by BUREAU A
- The revenge of the worms by Bureau A
- FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE? by Bureau A
- Can one be a revolutionary and love flowers?
- Spirulina Fountain by Bureau A
- A mountain shelter in the Swiss Alps. ANTOINE by Bureau A
- LA CABUCHE by Bureau A
- 'From Modernity to Tradition' by Bureau A
- 'Maidan Survey'; new book by Bureau A
- Ta di Ôtô by Bureau A
- The Collection at Montreux Jazz Festival 2013
- PAROLE - Champ-Dollon 1/24
- Bada Bing boardwalk for Montreux Jazz Festival 2013 By Bureau A