CIVIC ARCHITECTS, lead by Jan Lebbink, Gert Kwekkeboom, Ingrid van der Heijden and Rick ten Doeschate, focuses on the production of public buildings and spaces. The practice pursues an architecture that is rooted in time, typological innovation and a strong material usage. Their team-members bring in a broad spectrum of expertise. Unceasingly analysis, testing grounds en fast forward engineering make their designs flexible, time specific and provocative.
We believe that architecture is a public interest. All buildings form part of the human environment in which people live, work and interact. Our designs therefore respect and anticipate social, cultural, economic and ecological requirements. Civic currently has a staff of ten architects led by four managing partners. We approach each design on various levels of scale and always work with and alongside the best specialists. The result is functional and aesthetically responsible architecture which will serve the needs of generations to come.
As a member of The Cloud Collective, collaboration is in the practice's DNA. They work together with our TCC partners; external experts and with their clients.
- Dialogue with the architecture of the past. Schoenenkwartier Shoe Museum by Civic Architects
- A colossus of industrial heritage becomes public library by CIVIC Architects
- Piushaven Harbour Pavilion Tilburg by CIVIC Architects and BRIGHT Urban Futures
- Construction of the LocHal has started by CIVIC Architects
- Flemish-Dutch pavilion at the Frankfurter Buchmesse by CIVIC & MATTERS