Lahdelma & Mahlamäki Architects. Founded in 1997 Lahdelma & Mahlamäki Architects was the creation of long-term architectural partners Ilmari Lahdelma (architect SAFA) and Rainer Mahlamäki (architect SAFA). Previously the pair had been working together for 11 years, both in architecture collective 8Studio and as a practice at Kaira-Lahdelma-Mahlamäki. Since then the company has grown into a team of over 25 employees, both local and international.
They have won over 100 prizes in architecture competitions, which makes LMA one of the most experienced and successful Finnish offices.
Instead of relying on ready-made formulas, LMA creates one-of-a-kind buildings that not only exist as solitary objects but grow into organic elements of their surroundings. The offices works towards understanding not only the location they are designing for but also the people who will be living together with the buildings.
- Talking to the context. Pyhätunturintie public housing by Lahdelma & Mahlamäki
- An space that mix free time and studies. Upper Secondary School by Lahdelma & Mahlamäki architects
- Building well a compact and complex city. Urban Environment House by Lahdelma & Mahlamäki Architects
- Pedagogical innovations. Metropolia UAS Myllypuro Campus by Lahdelma & Mahlamäki architects
- Requiem - Museum for the Defense and Siege of Leningrad by Lahdelma & Mahlmäki’s
- EASTON, Local Food and Social Culture in Eastern Helsinki by Lahdelma & Mahlamäki Architects