Francisco Mangado, (Navarra, 1957), is an architect from the School of Architecture of the University of Navarra, where he has been a professor since 1982. He has been a visiting professor at the Graduate School of Design at Harvard University, Eero Saarinen Visiting Professor at the Yale University, visiting professor at the EPF Polytechnic School of Lausanne, Baird and Gensler guest professor at Cornell University and visiting professor at the Polytechnic of Milan.
From his works they emphasize the Palace of Congresses and Auditorium of Pamplona "Baluarte" (2003), the Field of Soccer of Palencia (2006), the Municipal Center of Exhibitions and Congresses of Ávila (2009), the Museum of Archeology of Vitoria (2009 ), the Spanish Pavilion for the Zaragoza International Exhibition (2008), the BBAA Museum of Asturias in Oviedo (2015) and the recently inaugurated Palau de Congresos de Palma de Mallorca (2016) and the New Venue Building of Norvento Enerxia in Lugo (2017). Currently he develops his activity in several countries.
Thanks to this professional work he has received, among others, the Andrea Palladio Architecture Award, the Architecture FAD, the CEOE prize, the Construmat Architecture Award, the Fernando García Mercadal Architecture Prize, the Asturian Architecture Prize, the "Giancarlo Ius Gold Medal" awarded by the International Union of Architects, the Copper in Architecture Award, the RIBA EU Award, the Spanish Architecture Award 2009 and the RIBA for International Excellence, among others.
In 2011 he was named "International Fellow" of the RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects) and in 2013 honorary member of the AIA (American Institute of Architects). In November 2016, the Berlin Academy of Arts grants Francisco Mangado the Berlin Art Prize-Architecture Prize 2017 in recognition of his work.
In 2008 he founded the Architecture and Society Foundation, which works to favor the interaction of architecture with other disciplines of creation, thought and economy, which has received the CSCAE gold medal (Higher Council of Architects of Spain) 2015
In July 2015 he was appointed General Coordinator of Biennials and under his coordination was awarded to the Spanish Pavilion the Golden Lion of the Venice Biennial in May 2016.
- Housing at Zac Andromede-Beauzelle by Francisco Mangado
- Francisco Mangado + Archipelago / baev won the New Exhibition and Convention Hall in Liège
- "L´architettura della grande scala." Exhibition about Francisco Mangado's work
- "Bergamo: The city of the future". Porta Sud by Francisco Mangado
- Congress Center and Hotel in Palma by Francisco Mangado
- Interview with Francisco Mangado
- 2017 Spanish Architecture Prize, ex-aequo, for, The Museum of Royal Collections and the Palace of Congresses and Hotel in Palma
- Building for the New Norvento Headquarters by Francisco Mangado
- Francisco Mangado awarded with the Berlin Art Prize
- Presentation of the IV International Architecture Congress, ARCHITECTURE: CHANGE OF CLIMATE
- Fine Arts Museum of Asturias
- "Architecture is not always synonymous with building"
- Cultural Industrial Park in China by Francisco Mangado
- First prize for Mansilla + Tuñón and Mangado / Herreros in Duero Dome
- ARQUITECTURA IBÉRICA
- MANGADO AND FERRATER TO RIBA
- FRANCISCO MANGADO. TEULADA MORAIRA AUDITORIUM
- Francisco Mangado. Architect (iphone)
- BIAU Workshop
- FRANCISCO MANGADO. ARCHITECT