In 1992 Emilio Tuñón Álvarez (1958) and Luis M. Mansilla (1959) founded the firm MANSILLA + TUÑÓN ARQUITECTOS, awarded with the MIES VAN DER ROHE PRIZE 2007 (Prize for Contemporary Architecture of the European Union), National Prize for Spanish Architecture 2003, FAD Prize 2001.
Emilio Tuñón and Luis M. Mansilla are titular professors of the Department of Architectural Projects in Madrid. They have been professors in a number of universities, among which are the Graduate School of Design in Harvard, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale in Lausanne, the New School of Architecture in Puerto Rico and the Städelschule in Frankfurt. They are currently giving clases in the School of Architecture of Princeton University.
In 1993 they founded the cooperative of thought CIRCO, coming out with a publication under the same title, and which has been awarded with the FAD Special Prize 2007, the prize for the III Iberoamerican Bienal for Architecture and Engineering 2002 and the C.O.A.M. Prize 2005.
Mansilla + Tuñón were awarded the following commissions: Institucional Building for the City of the Environment in Soria (2008), Madrid Internacional Convention Center (2007), Helga de Alvear Foundation Art Center in Cáceres (2005), Lalín Town Hall (2004), Master Plan of the area of Valbuena in Logroño (2003), Library on Artists Street in Madrid (2003), Cantabria Museum (2002). Royal Collections Museum (2002), Sanfermines Museum (200l), Brescia Contemporary Cultural Center of (2000), Castellón Fine Arts Museum (1998), City of León Auditorium (1996), Cultural Center of Madrid in the old El Águila warehouse (1995).
- Madrid, Best Architecture Guide. 20 emblematic buildings of the city of Madrid (I)
- 2017 Spanish Architecture Prize, ex-aequo, for, The Museum of Royal Collections and the Palace of Congresses and Hotel in Palma
- Museum of Royal Collections wins the FAD Architecture 2017. And more winners...
- Winners 2016 COAM Awards
- Regional Archives of Madrid and Joaquín Leguina Library
- Royal Collections. Final of the Works, the beginning of the layout of Works
- Fo-Shou House by Mansilla+Tuñón Architects
- 10+3 images of the Royal Collection Museum. Mansilla+Tuñón
- Mansilla + Tuñón Arquitectos, winners of the Gold Medal for Merit in Fine Arts
- First prize for Mansilla + Tuñón and Mangado / Herreros in Duero Dome
- MANSILLA + TUÑÓN. ACTIVE GEOMETRIES
- Tribute to Luis Moreno Mansilla
- ARQUIA/TESIS Nº10: APUNTES DE VIAJE AL INTERIOR DEL TIEMPO. Luis M. Mansilla
- Luis Moreno Mansilla dies in Barcelona
- ATRIO and one month
- TOLETUM VISIGODO. Museum. Museo de la Vega Baja