Francisco José Padilla Alonso (Madrid 1971) and Juan Manuel Nicás Caballero (Jaen 1975) formed padilla nicás in 2003 after meeting at Rafael Moneo´s office, where they worked as partners on various projects in Spain and the USA.
Currently their professional work combines design commissions at different scales, competitions and occasional teaching activities.
Francisco José Padilla, architectural license received from the ETSAM in 1997, began his career in the architectural firms of Andrés Perea, Pedro Feduchi and Ángel Fernández Alba before joining Rafael Moneo.
Juan Manuel Nicás, architectural license received from the ETSAG in 1999 with the National Prize for the Thesis Project, with a scholarship to the Academy of Spain in Rome before joining Rafael Moneo.
- Renovation and extension of the Buenavista Cultural Centre by Padilla Nicás Arquitectos + Mariluz Sánchez Moral
- A space for games, color and dreams. Rooftop Garden of the O'Donnell Maternity Hospital by Padilla Nicás Arquitectos
- Center for the elderly "Antonio Mingote" by Mariluz Sánchez Moral + padilla nicás arquitectos
- Distorting domestic linearity. Renovation on Calle Almirante by Padilla Nicás arquitectos
- Family home renovation in Orlando Agudo Street, by Padilla Nicás Arquitectos
- New water supply in Pontevedra and its estuary. Pumping Monteporreiro by Padilla Nicás Arquitectos
- Extension and improvement of the E.D.A.R de Villaperez by Padilla-Nicás architects
- E.D.A.R Wastewater Plant in San Claudio by Padilla Nicás Arquitectos
- Vacation home in Vilapol by Padilla Nicás arquitectos
- Irish cottage in Madrid by Padilla Nicás arquitectos