UNStudio, founded in 1988 by Ben van Berkel and Caroline Bos, is a Dutch architectural design studio specialising in architecture, interior architecture, product design, urban development and infrastructural projects. The name, UNStudio, stands for United Network Studio referring to the collaborative nature of the practice.
Throughout 30 years of international project experience, UNStudio has continually expanded its capabilities through prolonged collaboration with an extended network of international consultants, partners, and advisors across the globe. This network, combined with the centrally located offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Frankfurt, enables UNStudio to work efficiently anywhere in the world. With already 120 built projects in Asia, Europe, and North America, the studio continues to expand its global presence with recent commissions in among others China, South-Korea, Qatar, Germany and the UK.
As a network practice, a highly flexible methodological approach has been developed which incorporates parametric designing and collaborations with leading specialists in other disciplines. The office has worked internationally since its inception and has produced a wide range of work ranging from public buildings, infrastructure, offices, residential, products, to urban masterplans.
Current projects include the design for Doha's Integrated Metro Network in Qatar, the mixed-use FOUR development in Frankfurt, the wasl Tower in Dubai and the Southbank by Beulah development in Melbourne. Pivotal realised projects include the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart, Arnhem Central Station, Raffles City Hangzhou in China, the Mobius House in the Netherlands and the Erasmus Bridge in Rotterdam. UNStudio has received many awards, the last ones being Red Dot Award product design (2013), Media Architecture Award (2012), National Steel Prize (2012) and 28th International Lighting Design Awards Collector’s Loft (2012).
- An urban speaker. HQ center for YG Entertainment by UNStudio
- The largest retail complex in north Shanghai. Shanghai Jiuguang Center by UNStudio, Nihon Sekkei
- UNStudio and Quant Architectuur win the competition to design the new Elysion Congress Center
- A place of connectivity and openness. JetBrains HQ by UNStudio
- 10 Architecture Studios Led by Women [VIII]
- A new form of transport that will change the way of moving in Doha. Doha Metro Network by UNStudio
- Celebrating the history and future of Korean football. Korean National Football Centre by UNStudio
- The curvilinea carpentry of the landscape. Ondarreta Silu Chair by Unstudio
- Hanwha Headquarters renovation in Seoul completed by UNStudio
- The Brick Pixelation. UNStudio completes P.C. Hooftstraat 140-142, featuring bespoke glass designs [II]
- UNStudio completes two new retail renovations featuring bespoke glass designs [I] 18 Septemberplein
- Neighborhoods in the sky. Scotts Tower by UNStudio
- "Looking Glass" façade. Crafting form and function for fashion by UnStudio
- UNStudio's design will connect Russia and China with the first cross-border cable car
- UNStudio wins competition for Business School for the Creative Industries
- New innovation tech campus. Karle Town Centre Masterplan by UNStudio
- Brainport Smart District by UNStudio and Felixx Landscape Architects & Planners
- UNStudio designs a cultural complex, theatre for dance and theatrical arts in the West Kowloon Cultural District
- [I] Completion of V on Shenton Tower by UNStudio
- New European hyperloop revolutionising public transport. From Amsterdam to Frankfurt in 53 minutes
- Beulah International select UNStudio's proposal for Australia's tallest tower
- UNStudio wins the competition for the New Budapest Bridge. The first in Hungary for over 120 years
- UNStudio develops the USM stand for the Salone del Movile
- UNSTUDIO Competition for the Design of a Cable Car in Gothenburg
- UNStudio Completed The Canaletto Tower in London
- UNStudio finishes Raffles City Hangzhou complex with organic shape towers
- UNStudio completes Shanghai mall designed as 'vertical public square'
- A 'City for All' by UNStudio announced as winner of the competition for the former Deutsche Bank in Frankfurt
- The Eye_Beacon Pavilion for the Amsterdam Light Festival by UNStudio and MDT-tex
- 100 minutes with Caroline Bos
- Arnhem Central - Transfer Hall by UNSTUDIO
- UNStudio winner of the new 'Theatre on the Parade'
- Singapore University of Technology & Design by UNStudio and DP Architects
- W.I.N.D. House by Ben van Berkel / UNStudio
- Ben van Berkel / Unstudio`s Theatre de Stoep opens its doors to the public
- Qingdao World Horticultural Expo Theme Pavilion completed by UNStudio
- Ben Van Berkel at Madrid.
- Final installation of the NATURE cycle NATURE 04 by UNSTUDIO.
- UNstudio to develop the Yongjia World Trade Center