Fermín Vázquez Huarte-Mendicoa (Madrid, 1961) architect since 1988. He studied at ETSAM (Madrid) and ETSAB (Barcelona). He leads b720 Fermín Vázquez Architects, which he set up with Ana Bassat in 1997, with offices in Barcelona, Madrid, Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre.
b720 is an international studio. It works globally within its offices in Brasil and Spain, in projects located in a dozen of differents countries.
The work of the studio, which has been showed in several events and museums as the Biennal of Venice, the Cité of París and MoMA of NY, has been awarded nationally and internationally with several prizes, among there are two RIBA Awards, a World Architecture Festival award, four awards ASPRIMA-SIMA, the Emporis Skyscraper Award and the European Public Urban Space award.
Among his best-known projects there are the Agbar Tower -with Jean Nouvel Architectures-, Lérida's airport, the Plaza del Torico in Teruel, La Mola Conference Centre in Barcelona, the City of Justice of Barcelona and the building for de America Cup in Valencia -both with David Chipperfield Architects- and the Gran Casino Costa Brava in Lloret de Mar. Currently working, among other projects, on the new Mercat dels Encants in Barcelona, the new international airport of Cuzco in Perú, the regeneration of the Waterfront of Cais Mauá of Porto Alegre, a new neighbourhood for 70.000 residents in Brasilia and in several high buildings in Sao Paulo.
He usually combines the proffesional practise with teaching. He has been teacher at ETSAB, at l'École d'Architecture et Paysage de Burdeos, at Universidad Europea de Madrid and he has given courses and conferences large universities and institutions all over the world.
- Sign up for Lets Dream a new look at the cover by BMI Group!
- Barcelona, Best Architecture Guide: 42 buildings to get to know the city of Barcelona, BCN [II]
- Light transforms and decorates. "La casa de la Luz" / The House of Light, by b720 architects
- Barcelona, Best Architecture Guide: 20 buildings to discover the Ciudad Condal, BCN
- Sagrera station. New high-speed train station by b720 Arquitectos
- Offices for the postcovid era. Polaris by b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
- The controversial contest for the renovation of AZCA won by Diller Scofidio + Renfro and b720 Fermín Vázquez
- Dwellings in CLT at Lavapies by b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
- Germina Foundation by b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
- Enchanting Traces. b720 in Aedes Exhibition
- b720 celebrates its 20 years in the Aedes Gallery
- Lycée Français of Barcelona by b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
- Color and skyscraper. Forma Itaim Tower by b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
- Spanish Pavilion at 2015 Expo Milano by b720
- B720 will design the Spanish pavilion at Expo Milano 2015
- Mercat dels Encants by b720