COBE is a limited liability company owned by Founder and Creative Director Dan Stubbergaard. COBE is a progressive and contemporary community of architects that focuses on architecture and design – from buildings to public space, to large scale urban planning. In 2005 Dan Stubbergaard and Vanessa Miriam Carlow founded COBE. The name COBE is derived from the two cities the founders are coming from - COpenhagen and BErlin. Since its establishment, COBE has gained international recognition through the realization of beautiful and innovative projects.
Today, COBE is two separate companies - one seated in Copenhagen (COBE ApS headed by Dan Stubbergaard), and one in Berlin (COBE Berlin GmbH headed by Prof. Dr. Vanessa Miriam Carlow). The two offices have shared a number of projects in the past, and apart from developing projects individually, they continue to share and collaborate on selected projects - also in the future.
COBE is situated in a refurbished warehouse centrally located on the Copenhagen harbor front, and currently employs approximately 50 dedicated architects, urban planners and administrative staff of different nationalities.
COBE is run by a management team consisting of Dan Stubbergaard and a core team of Project and Administration Managers. Together, they are responsible for the company’s overall development and strategic long-term goals.
All projects are developed in project teams, made up of a mix of senior and junior architects, which are led by a Project Manager. Cross-disciplinary teamwork is central in our working method and each project team cooperates with a wide range of external experts in order to obtain the best opportunities and potential towards finding innovative solutions in each particular project.
 Nykredit’s Architecture Prize. Nykredit Foundation.
MIPIM Award - Best Refurbished Building. The Library Marché International des Professionnels de l'Immobilier.
 Copenhagen Award for Architecture - Best Public Building. The Library. City of Copenhagen.
 The Golden Lion. Best National Pavilion. International Venice Biennale of Architecture.
- Cobe and Yellon to design residential tower at Stockholm’s historic gasworks
- Cobe opens Opera Park providing a green island in Copenhagen's inner harbor
- Henning Larsen, Cobe, and SLA deliver world-leading facility for neutron source
- Cobe and Lundén selected to Design Wooden Community and Municipal Building in Finland
- 12 projects that pay attention to kids
- Cobe wins the competition to design the new Gothenburg University Library
- Restful and Zen-like feel. Ultra-Fast Charging Stations for Electric Cars by Cobe
- The best daycare center in the world. Kids’ City Christianshavn by COBE and NORD Architects
- Two new Metro station in Copenhagen docklands by Cobe and Arup
- Cobe to create new design center as "chamber of secrets" for global automaker Geely
- Bicycle parking under the hills. Karen Blixens Plads by COBE
- All of adidas under one roof. HALFTIME Adidas Headquarters by COBE
- Roskilde Festival Folk High School completed by MVRDV and COBE
- Europahafenkopf, new housing and office complex by COBE
- From the storage container to a residential building, "The silo", by COBE
- Nørreport Station by COBE and Gottlieb Paludan Architects
- New Rock Music Museum by COBE and MVRDV
- COBE wins the Paper Island competition in Copenhagen
- New kindergarten in Copenhagen inaugurated by COBE Architects
- Kindergarten by COBE
- Israel's Square completed by COBE
- COBE wins the competition for Adidas flagship building
- Henning Larsen Architects will design ESS, Europe’s largest research project