KAAN Architecten is a Rotterdam based architectural firm operating in a global context and merging practical and academic expertise within the fields of architecture, urbanism and research on the built environment. The studio, led by Kees Kaan, Vincent Panhuysen and Dikkie Scipio, consists of an international team of architects, landscape architects, urban planners, engineers and graphic designers. KAAN Architecten believes in cross-pollination between projects and disciplines as an essential tool to fostering a critical debate within the studio.
Since the launch of the firm, KAAN Architecten has handled and supervised a wide range of projects, actively working with the private and the public sector, with project teams that become increasingly multidisciplinary and dynamic. KAAN Architecten maintains a culture of constant evolution, which is essential in a profession that changes at a rapid pace. KAAN Architecten seeks to uphold long-term relationships with its clients, consultants and partners.
KAAN Architecten’s projects transcend the traditional notion of scale and typology, ranging from furniture and interiors to urban development and from retail and offices to museums and buildings for health and education.
Selection of completed projects:
2017, B30 – Bezuidenhoutseweg 30, The Hague (NL)!
2016, De Bank – new KAAN Architecten’s office, Rotterdam (NL)
2016, Supreme Court of the Netherlands, The Hague (NL)!
2015, Provinciehuis of North-Brabant, ‘s-Hertogenbosch (NL)
2013, Dreamhouse, Rotterdam (NL)!
2013, Education Center Erasmus MC, Rotterdam (NL)!
2010, District Water Board Brabantse Delta, Breda (NL)
!2008, Crematorium Heimolen, Sint Niklaas (BE)!
2004, Netherlands Forensic Institute, The Hague
KAAN Architecten ©Casper Rila
- Floating above the ground. Netherlands American Cemetery Visitor Center by KAAN Architecten
- Harmony between nature and business. Gate of the Prijkels by DELVA, KAAN and DENC-STUDIO
- Balance and unity between the old and the new, better than the sum of its parts. Museum Paleis Het Loo by KAAN
- Rational identity. iCampus Munich (Alpha, Beta, Gamma) by KAAN Architecten and RKW Architektur +
- KAAN Architecten to design the new Palais de Justice de Nancy
- Reopens! Royal Museum of Fine Arts completed by KAAN
- Mid-rise towers and plinth for the De Zalmhaven skyscraper by KAAN Architecten
- A building for people, dedicated to earth. Geo- and Environmental Centre (GUZ) by KAAN Architecten
- A mixed-use development on the Deûle canal. Îlot 13B by KAAN Architecten
- Learning and integration. Education Centre University of Groningen by KAAN Architecten
- An intruder becomes a pleasant neighbour. De Walvis by KAAN Architecten
- New perception of Architecture. MINUTES. short film series by KAAN Architecten
- Open, bright and functional. Courthouse Amsterdam by KAAN Architecten
- Unveiled the main phase of the intervention of the KMSKA by KAAN Architecten
- Loenen Pavilion: A serene remembrance haven amid nature, by KAAN Architecten
- Unalterable composition. Bottiére Chènai by KAAN Architecten
- Reinforcing coexistence of programs. Chambre de Métiers et de l'Artisanat by KAAN Architecten and PRANLAS-DESCOURS architect & associates
- A peaceful oasis for remembering. Crematorium Siesegem by KAAN Architecten
- CUBE. Education and Self Study Center, by KAAN Architecten
- ISMO, Institut des Sciences Moléculaires d’Orsay is completed by KAAN Architecten
- Utopia – Library and Academy for Performing Arts by KAAN Architecten
- New faculty of medicine of the Campus São José Dos Campos in Universidade Anhembi Morumbi by KAAN Achitecten
- New faculty of medicine of the Campus Piracicaba in Universidade Anhembi Morumbi by KAAN Achitecten
- New images of the Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Terminal design
- KL AIR, consisting of KAAN Architecten, Estudio Lamela to design the new Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Terminal
- KAAN Architecten presents the design of São José dos Campos’ Faculty of Medicine
- B30 – Bezuidenhoutseweg 30 by KAAN. Remodeling a Ministry
- KAAN Architecten designs Museum Paleis Het Loo’s renovation and expansion
- KAAN Architecten will design the Aalst Library
- KAAN Architecten win the New Amsterdam Courthouse competition
- Supreme Court of the Netherlands by KAAN Architecten
- Provincial Government House by KAAN
- Crematorium Heimolen by KAAN Architecten
- Chamber of Trades and Crafts by KAAN and PRANLAS-DESCOURS
- Education Center of Erasmus MC video