Diébédo Francis Kéré (b.1965, in Gando, Burkina Faso, west Africa) trained at the Technical University of Berlin in Germany, started his Berlin based practice, Kéré Architecture, in 2005. Kéré Architecture has been recognised nationally and internationally with awards, including the Aga Khan Award for Architecture (2004) for his first building, a primary school in Gando, Burkina Faso; LOCUS Global Award for Sustainable Architecture (2009); Global Holcim Award Gold (2011 and 2012); Green Planet Architects Award (2013); Schelling Architecture Foundation Award (2014); and the Kenneth Hudson Award –European Museum of the Year (2015).
Projects undertaken by Francis Kéré span countries, including Burkina Faso,Mali, China, Mozambique, Kenya, Togo, Sudan, Germany and Switzerland. He has taught internationally, including the Technical University of Berlin, and he has held professorships at the Harvard Graduate School of Design and Accademia di Architettura di Mendriso in Switzerland.
Kéré’s work has recently been the subject of solo exhibitions: Radically Simple at the Architecture Museum, Munich (2016) and The Architecture of Francis Kéré: Building for Community, Philadelphia Museum of Art (2016). His work has also been selected for group exhibitions: Small Scale, Big Change: New Architectures of Social Engagement, Museum of Modern Art, New York (2010) and Sensing Spaces, Royal Academy, London (2014).
Among his main works are the Primary School (2001) and the Library (under construction) of Gando, Burkina Faso; the Health and Social Promotion Center (2014) and the Opera Village (under construction), both in Laongo, Burkina Faso; the Satellite of the Volksbühne Theater at the Tempelhof Airport, in Berlin (temporary installation, 2016); or the Pavilion for the Serpentine Gallery of the year 2017.
- Xylem, a Pavilion for Tippet Rise Art Center by Francis Kéré
- From Francis Kéré, New Substance to Rosalia and Mon Laferte in 2019 Coachella Festival
- Francis Kéré and Rosalía, emerging, in the new edition of Coachella
- Gando Primary School Library by Kéré Architecture. The third piece of the complex.
- Gando Teachers' Housing by Kéré Architecture
- Opening, 'Primary Elements' exhibition about Francis Kéré works
- Building for the Primary School of Gando and extensión by Kéré Architecture
- "Francis Kéré, primary elements", at ICO Museum
- “Rain of light”. New Pavilion by Francis Kéré at Tippet Rise Art Center
- Diébédo Francis Kéré's Serpentine Pavilion will relocate to Malaysia
- Lycée Schorge Secondary School by Kéré Architecture
- Diébédo Francis among the awardeners with the Prince Claus Prize
- Francis Kéré in conversation, Serpentine Pavilion 2017
- Burkina Faso National Assembly & Memorial Park by Diébédo Francis Kéré
- New Serpentine Pavilion 2017, Designed by Francis Kéré
- Diébédo Francis Kéré wins 2017 Arnold W. Brunner Memorial Prize
- Serpentine Pavilion 2017 designed by Francis Kéré
- Vitra & Camper: Pop-up project on the Vitra Campus
- Architecture is a wake-up call. By Diébédo Francis Kéré
- Sensing Spaces: Architecture Reimagined [VIDEOS]