Rafael Aranda, Carme Pigem and Ramon Vilalta, work together since 1988 under the name RCR ARQUITECTES in Olot. They are Premio Nacional de Cultura en Arquitectura 2005 by Generalitat de Catalunya, Chevaliers de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by Republique Française in 2008, honorary members by the AIA American Institute of Architecture 2010 and International Award 2011 "Belgian Building Awards". Since 1989 are architects advisors at Parque Natural de la Zona Volcánica de la Garrotxa and have been teachers of Urban Planning and Landscape Architecture and Project. They have won different international competitions (the latter, the Waalsekrook media library in Belgium, the Soulages museum in France, Hofheide's crematorium in Belgium and The Edge Bussiness Bay in Dubai). They have received awards in his work among which two finalists positions in the awards of the European Union Mies Van der Rohe. Some of their awarded works have been exhibited in different events and published in several monographs.
RCR has shown the ability to think and transform that bring teamwork and the promotion of cultural initiatives from Bunka Foundation and workshops within the LAB-A in the Espacio Barberí, and have proven that it is possible to do international architecture from a rural environment, which is what has stimulated his imagination.
Following the work of RCR there is a philosophy which works for harmony between humans and nature. The most advanced technologies and materials such as steel or glass, with established rhythms and light that acts in opposition to each, are those that allow RCR this return to the essence of space that is the subject of architecture.
- A look at the generation of the architectural project. Atlas RCR by RCR Arquitectes
- 10 dwellings that dialogue with the scorching desert sun
- Light as tool to renovate. MARENGO by RCR Artotec
- De Krook library by RCR + Coussée & Goris
- Dream to do. RCR. Dream and Nature, Catalonia in Venice
- International Workshop RCR 2018. Request for dissemination
- Homage to RCR Arquitectes in the Mies van der Rohe pavilion in Barcelona
- 10 Architecture Studios Led by Women [III]
- Housing in the desert of the palm for relaxation and calm. Muraba Residences by RCR Arquitectes
- A space to be surprised. Enigma Restaurant by RCR Arquitectes
- The bewilderment of some gurus by the choice of good Pritzkers
- [VIDEOs] Rafael Aranda, Carme Pigem and Ramón Vilalta. Pritzker Architecture Prize 2017 [III]
- [BIO] Rafael Aranda, Carme Pigem and Ramón Vilalta. 2017 Pritzker Architecture Prize
- Rafael Aranda, Carme Pigem and Ramón Vilalta. 2017 Pritzker Architecture Prize
- Tussols-Basil Athletics Stadium by RCR Arquitectes
- Soulages Museum by RCR Arquitectes
- RCR Arquitectes first exhibition in ICO Museum
- RCR Arquitectes, Gold Medal of the Academy of Architecture of France
- Shared creativity. RCR Arquitectes