Bernard Tschumi (1944) is Principal of Bernard Tschumi Architects, New York and Paris. A theorist, author, educator, and architect, he is known for books including The Manhattan Transcripts and Architecture and Disjunction and built projects including the Parc de la Villette, the Acropolis Museum, Le Fresnoy Center for the Contemporary Arts, and the Vacheron-Constantin Corporate Headquarters, among others.
Tschumi was awarded France’s Grand Prix National d’Architecture in 1996 as well as numerous awards from the American Institute of Architects and the National Endowment for the Arts. He is an international fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects in England and a member of the Collège International de Philosophie and the Académie d’Architecture in France, where he has been the recipient of distinguished honors that include the rank of Officer in both the Légion d’Honneur and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres. He is a member of the College of Fellows of the American Institute of Architects.
A graduate of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) in Zurich, Tschumi has taught architecture at a range of institutions including the Architectural Association in London, Princeton University, and The Cooper Union in New York. He was dean of the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation at Columbia University from 1988 to 2003 and is currently a professor in the Graduate School of Architecture.
Tschumi’s work has been exhibited at The Museum of Modern Art in New York, the Venice Architecture Biennale, the Netherlands Architecture Institute in Rotterdam, the Pompidou Center in Paris, as well as other museums and art galleries in the United States and Europe.
- Paris, part 2 architecture guide: 22 buildings more [II]
- The smallest project. Hyperbolic Paraboloid Tent for the Parc de la Villette by Bernard Tschumi Architects
- Copper skin. Tianjin Binhai Exploratorium by Bernard Tschumi Architects
- Bernard Tschumi Team wins Competition for A new centre of excellence in Biology-Pharmacy-Chemistry for Paris-Sud University
- Bernard Tschumi retrospective exhibition: 'Architecture: Concept & Notation'
- Modernity and sustainability in Le Rosey Campus
- De Passage by Bernard Tschumi Architects
- ANIMA: the final design. By Bernard Tschumi
- Bernard Tschumi Interview
- Great Bernard Tschumi retrospective opens on April 30 at Paris
- CHRONOMANIFESTES by Bernard Tschumi
- ANIMA. The first project by Bernard Tschumi in Italy
- Bernard Tschumi at Barcelona
- “Ruins of Modernity: The Failure of Revolutionary Architecture in the 20th Century”
- Bernard Tschumi: "Architecture Concepts: Red is Not a Color"
- Alésia Museum and Archaeological Park [II]
- Alésia Museum and Archaeological Park
- "EVENT-CITIES 4"
- OLD ROCKERS NEVER DIE