vaumm architects is the coincidence of several people (Marta Álvarez Pastor, Iñigo García Odiaga, Jon Muniategiandikoetxea Markiegi, Javier Ubillos Pernaut & Tomás Valenciano Tamayo) who since establishment in 2002, operate under a strategy of adding. Adding goals, hope, efforts and experiences, with a broad sense of curiosity and research-based methodology. Incorporating specialists from diverse disciplines, inside and outside the office, finally adding knowledge to present solutions. Through this changeable organization, intensifying the permanent office, multiple collaborations are carried out in each situation, crafting the best global team in every project.
Our work is dedicated to the thoughtful conception of projects and careful crafting of buildings and spaces, exploring the intersection of contemporary design and building production. The Office has worked since its establishment at many different scales from diverse angles; completed works include various new and rehabilitation building works, collaborations with artists as technical support for the realization of constructive intervention and urban planning with a cultural or theoretical view.
- A vertical school. New primary education headquarters for Zurriola ikastola by Vaumm and Estudio Hamalau
- Refurbishment of the old Lekuona bakery. Municipal cultural factory by VAUMM
- Roof and rearrangement of the Antziola Berri park by VAUMM arquitectura
- Between folds and brittle walkways. Urban elevator and public space in Zumaia by Vaumm + Taperstudio
- Renovation of the "portaviones" building on San Sebastian harbor by Vaumm arkitektura
- The way through the forest. Urban reconnetion through two public lifts by VAUMM arkitektura
- Basque pelota court beside Molinao estuary by Vaumm