Giancarlo Mazzanti (1963, Barranquill, Colombia) is the director of El Equipo de Mazzanti. He studied Architecture at University of Javeriana in Bogotá, 1987, with PhD in History and Theory in Architecture and Industrial Design, 1991, at University of Florence, Italy.
He has been professor at University of Javeriana, Andes and Tadeo Lozano in Bogotá. He has participated as speaker at University of Princeton, Pratt, Yale, Berkeley, Venize, Monterrey, Buenos Aires, Católica del Perú among others.
He has been awarded as winner of the XX Bienal Colombiana de Arquitectura in the public spaces category in 2006, in the Bienal Iberoamericana in the Best Architecture Building category in 2008 and in the Bienal Panamericana de Arquitectura in the architecture design category in 2008.
- 12 projects that pay attention to kids
- From logistics to community. Control and operations center by El Equipo Mazzanti
- Four Sports Sceneries. Coliseums for the South American Games 2010 by Equipo Mazzanti + Plan b
- Adaptable, growing and transformable structure. Roof prototype for sports and public spaces by El Equipo Mazzanti
- A versatile and open complex. Baby Gym Barranquilla by El Equipo Mazzanti
- A learning and playing building in itself. Renovation and extension of the helvetia school by El Equipo Mazzanti
- Modules and patterns of association in educational architecture. 21 Atlántico Kindergartens by El Equipo Mazzanti
- A 90-degree spin. Romelio Martínez Stadium by El Equipo Mazzanti
- We play You play. Giancarlo Mazzanti develops Architectural Toy Series inspired by Bogota Forest of Hope
- Fundación Santa Fé expansion by El Equipo Mazzanti. A connecting building - a healing space
- Educational Park of Marinilla by El Equipo de Mazzanti
- New Velodrome of the city of Medellín by El equipo de Mazzanti