SelgasCano is an Architecture Office by Madrid-based practice, led by Jose Selgas (Madrid, 1965) and Lucia Cano (Madrid, 1965), based in Madrid. José Selgas. Graduated Architect from ETSA Madrid 1992. Worked with Francesco Venecia on Naples in 1994-95. Rome Prize on the Spain Academy of Fine Arts in Rome 1997-98. Lucía Cano. Graduated Architect from ETSA Madrid 1992. Worked with Julio Cano Lasso until 1996. Member of Cano Lasso Studio since 1997 until 2003.
Prizes. 1st Prize on Compettion of Alternative on Social Housing, Madrid, 1993. 1st Prize on Compettion. 67 Social Dwellings in Las Rosas, Madrid, 1996. 1st Prize on Compettion, Congress Center and Auditorium, Badajoz, 1999-2006. 1st Prize on Compettion, Auditorium and Congress Center, Cartagena, 2001-2011. 1st Prize on Compettion, Congress Center and Auditorium, Plasencia, 2005 (on construction) . Prize VII BIAU Bienal Iberoamericana de Arquitectura y Urbanismo, 2010. Prize AD Architectural Digest 2011. Selected Mies Van Der Rohe Award, 2011. Madrid City Architecture Award, 2002 + 2007. Madrid Region Architecture Award, 2003. 2nd Prize on Compettion, Madrid Main Court. Madrid, 2008.
Exhibitions: Exhibition at MoMA New York: On-Site: New Architecture in Spain, 2006. Biennale di Venezia, 2006. Shortlisted Saloni Prize 2007 - 2009. Shortlisted IX Spanish Architecture Biennial Exhibition, 2007. Exhibition GA International, 2008-2009-2010 (GA Gallery), Tokyo 2008-2009-2010. Exhibition Guggenheim New York, Contenplating The Void, 2010. Biennale di Venezia, 2010: People meet in Architecture International Pavillion + What architects desire, German Pavillion. Tokyo Art Meeting (II). A new relationship between architecture, art and people, Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo, 2011.
In 2012 the architects exhibited in the Spanish Pavilion at the 13th International Architecture Biennale, Venice, as part of SPAINLab. In 2013 they won the Kunstpreis (Art prize) awarded by the Akademie der Kunste, Berlin and were pronounced 'Architects of the Year' by the German Design Council in Munich.
- Plasencia Auditorium and Congress Center by SelgasCano
- A colorful and organic pavilion in the Triennale of Bruges by Selgascano
- Second Home Spitalfields Extensión Rooftop Space by SelgasCano
- Flexible and organic shapes. Pavillon Martell by SelgasCano
- Selgascano build a school in Kenya's Kibera slum 2
- Urban Design AB and SelgasCano Unveil the Proposal for New Planning Offices
- Serpentine Park Night 1: On Architecture. selgascano
- Opening. 2015 Serpentine Gallery Pavilion by SelgasCano
- First images of 2015 Serpentine Pavilion by Selgas Cano
- Selgas Cano's new workspace in London
- Spanish architects SelgasCano to design Serpentine Pavilion 2015
- EL “B”. Congress Center and Auditorium, by SelgasCano