Kengo Kuma was born in Yokohama (Kanagawa, Japan) in 1954. He studied architecture at the University of Tokyo, finishing his degree in 1979. In 1987, he opened the "Spatial Design Studio". In 1990 he founded "Kengo Kuma & Associates" and extend the study to Europe (Paris, France) in 2008. Since 1985 and until 2009, has taught as visiting professor and holder at the universities of Columbia, Keio, Illinois and Tokyo.
· 2011 The Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology's Art Encouragement Prize for "Yusuhara Wooden Bridge Museum."
· 2010 Mainichi Art Award for “Nezu Museum.”
· 2009 "Decoration Officier de L'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres" (France).
· 2008 Energy Performance + Architecture Award (France). Bois Magazine International Wood Architecture Award (France).
· 2002 Spirit of Nature Wood Architecture Award (Finland).
· 2001 Togo Murano Award for “Nakagawa-machi Bato Hiroshige Museum.”
· 1997 Architectural Institute of Japan Award for “Noh Stage in the Forest”. First Place, AIA DuPONT Benedictus Award for “Water/Glass” (USA).
- Kengo Kuma and K2LD chosen to design Founders’ Memorial in Singapore
- New Masterpiece. Meiji Jingu-Shrine Museum by Kengo Kuma
- New The Exchange civic center, first building in Australia by Kengo Kuma
- Bamboo with carbon fibre. Bamboo (竹) Ring: Weaving into Lightness by Kengo Kuma
- From wood market to cultural area. Opening of Kengo Kuma's Odunpazarı Modern Museum
- New Entrance and Expansion of the gardens of the Gulbenkian Foundation by Kengo Kuma
- Buddhist temple “Jodo Shu Ichigyo-in” by Kengo Kuma
- A dynamic tradition. Yunoeki Oyu Community Center by Kengo Kuma and Associates
- Kengo Kuma and Starbucks Reserve Roastery in Tokyo
- Kengo Kuma designs a Camper store in Paseo de Gracia with ceramic pieces
- Kengo Kuma's V&A Dundee Museum opens tomorrow; Interiors revealed!
- Opening-September 15th. Kengo Kuma's V&A Dundee Museum
- A drone video shows off Kengo Kuma's V&A Dundee Museum
- Kengo Kuma + OODA to convert Porto slaughterhouse into a new cultural complex
- Black textures. Comico Art Musuem Yufuin by Kengo Kuma
- Shipyard 1862 by Kengo Kuma and Associates
- Kengo Kuma & Associates Reveal Plans for New Aquatics Centre on Copenhagen's Waterfront
- The Spaces Between: Portland Japanese Garden Expansion by Kengo Kuma
- Café, COEDA House by Kengo Kuma
- UNDER ONE ROOF project for the EPFL ArtLab by Kengo Kuma
- A green brise-soleil against pollution: Z58 by Kengo Kuma
- Rainbow of fabrics for LACMA by Zumthor and The aggregation of structuralized “objects” by Kuma
- Childhood remembrance: memory of design
- The Darling Exchange by Kengo Kuma
- Design by architect Kengo Kuma selected for new Tokyo Olympic Stadium
- China's Folk Art Museum by Kengo Kuma
- Beijing Tea House by Kengo Kuma and associates
- Towada Civic Center Plaza by Kengo Kuma
- Kengo Kuma designs Saint-Denis Pleyel Train Station
- Nest We Grow, Memu Meadows
- Daiwa Ubiquitous Computing Research Building
- Sensing Spaces: Architecture Reimagined [VIDEOS]
- Iiyama Plaza Cultural Complex by Kengo Kuma
- Kids Academy Taiyogaoka Hoikuen
- Jeju Ball, Block D by Kengo Kuma
- Knowing Kuma
- Memu Meadows: Même prototype by Kengo Kuma.
- “Iiyama Plaza” by Kengo Kuma & Associates