Ricardo Scofidio, AIA (New York,1935), a founding Partner of DillerScofidio+Renfro, attended The Cooper Union School of Architecture and received a Bachelor of Architecture from Columbia University. Mr. Scofidio is Professor Emeritus of Architecture at Cooper Union. He is married to Elizabeth Diller.
DILLER SCOFIDIO & RENFRO is an interdisciplinary design studio that integrates architecture, the visual arts, and the performing arts while investigating issues of contemporary culture such as the spatial conventions of the everyday, the influence of media technologies on architecture, the changing definitions of domesticity, and the institution in the public realm.
Based in New York City, Diller Scofidio + Renfro is led by three partners who work collaboratively with a staff of 100 architects, artists and administrators. DS+R was the first architecture firm to receive a MacArthur "genius" grant and it also won an Obie for Jet Lag, a wildly creative piece of multimedia off-Broadway theater.
"DS+R" bring a groundbreaking approach to big and small projects in architecture, urban design and art, playing with new materials, tampering with space and spectacle in ways that make you look twice.
- Elizabeth Diller and Ricardo Scofidio recognised with Royal Academy Architecture Prize
- Diller Scofidio + Renfro and O'Donnell + Tuomey unveil designs for V&A East project
- Opera for The High Line. The Mile-Long Opera by Diller Scofidio + Renfro and David Lang
- Diller Scofidio + Renfro and Woods Bagot win Adelaide Contemporary International Design Competition
- Diller Scofidio + Renfro win competition for V&A Collection and Research Centre
- New images of The Shed at Hudson Yards by Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- The High Line is awarded with 13th Veronica Rudge Green Prize in Urban Design
- Zaryadye Park in central Moscow by Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- MoMA. 1st Step of Renovation and Expansion Project by Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- First steps of The Shed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- New vision of Pierre Chareau by Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- Roy and Diana Vagelos Columbia University Medical and Education Center by Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- Pierre Chareau: Modern Architecture and Design
- Opening. BAM/PFA in Berkeley by Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- The Broad Contemporary Art Museum. Interview with Elizabeth Diller
- New centre for the Broad Art Foundation
- Musings on a Glass Box by Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- The High Line Opens Its Third and Final Phase
- MoMA approved the project by Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- The Highline - New York (Phase III)
- Diller Scofidio & Renfro´s Vision of a New Penn Station
- Diller Scofidio + Renfro and Aberdeen City Garden
- How Wine Became Modern: Design + Wine 1976 to Now
- The Highline - New York (Phase II)
- Droog and Diller Scofidio+Renfro reimagine Levittown with ′Open House′
- The High Line
- THE BROAD. ART MUSEUM