Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM) is one of the leading architecture, interior design, engineering, and urban planning firms in the world, with a 75-year reputation for design excellence and a portfolio that includes some of the most important architectural accomplishments of the 20th and 21st centuries.
Since its inception, SOM has been a leader in the research and development of specialized technologies, new processes and innovative ideas, many of which have had a palpable and lasting impact on the design profession and the physical environment.
The firm’s longstanding leadership in design and building technology has been honored with more than 1,700 awards for quality, innovation, and management. The American Institute of Architects has recognized SOM twice with its highest honor, the Architecture Firm Award—in 1962 and again in 1996. The firm maintains offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., London, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Mumbai, and Abu Dhabi.
- SOM completes restoration of Lever House, a Manhattan office icon, built in 1952
- Remodeling of a terminal. Kansas City International Airport’s New Terminal by SOM
- SOM obtains the approval of a new rehabilitation of the Lever House
- SOM completed a “breathing” Shenzhen Rural Commercial Bank tower
- 20 buildings you should see on a visit to New York
- 12 New museums that change the experience of exhibiting and seeing
- Opening. National Museum of the United States Army by SOM
- Modern steel-clad pavilions. National Museum of the United States Army by SOM
- "Moon Village". SOM images a new Human Settlement concept on Moon
- Engineers vs Architects: "SOM: Engineering x [Art + Architecture]", at the 2017 Chicago Architecture Biennial
- Columbia University Campus Masterplan, the perfect collaboration between Renzo Piano and SOM
- Gordon Bunshaft and SOM at Nueva York, Lever House
- The John Hancock Center by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM)
- Jiangxi Nanchang Greenland Zifeng Tower by SOM
- SOM’s Exchange House at Broadgate Wins the AIA 25-Year Award
- New University Center at Manhattan. The New School by SOM
- Zhengzhou Greenland Plaza by SOM