The photographic archive of his study, mostly digitized, with more than eight thousand reports made mostly in Spain but also in Italy, France, Germany, Portugal, Brazil, Panama, Costa Rica, Chile, Turkey, Switzerland or Morocco ; serves as a standard consultation for a large number of publications around the world, allowing periodic presence in national and foreign books and magazines. Architecture, Interior Design and Architecture are an example of the many publications where their photographs appear monthly. He currently teaches and lectures as a guest at universities and congresses in Spain, Costa Rica and Panama. Since the eighties he has participated in different collective and individual exhibitions.
The last individual performed were:
-Tu alma es el mundo entero. 2009. Sala del Colegio de Arquitectos de Cádiz.
-Del Monumento a la Ciudad, de la Ciudad al Mar. 2011. Centro Cultural Isabel de Farnesio. Aranjuez (Madrid)
-La Poética del Esqueleto. 2012. Galería El Fotómata. Sevilla
-La Poética del Esqueleto. 2013. Museo de Arte Contemporáneo de Panamá
-La Memoria de lo imaginado. 2016. Centro de Iniciativas Culturales de la Universidad de Sevilla (CICUS).
-La Memoria de lo imaginado. 2016. Parque de las Ciencias. Granada.
-La Memoria de lo imaginado. 2017. Centro Andaluz de la Fotografía (CAF). Almería.
José Juan Barba (1964) graduated from ETSA Madrid in 1991. Special Mention in the National Finishing University Education Awards 1991. PhD in Architecture ETSAM, 2004. He founded his professional practice in Madrid in 1992 (www.josejuanbarba.com), he is architecture critic and editor-in–chief of METALOCUS magazine since 1999, he was advising different NGOs until 1997. He has been a lecturer (in Design, Theory and Criticism, and Urban planning) and guest lecturer at different national and international universities (Roma TRE, Polytechnic Milan, ETSA Madrid, ETSA Barcelona, UNAM Mexico, Univ. Iberoamericana Mexico, University of Thessaly Volos, FA de Montevideo, Washington, Medellin, IE School, U.Alicante, Univ. Europea Madrid, UCJC Madrid, ESARQ-U.I.C. Barcelona,...).
Maître de Conférences IUG-UPMF Grenoble 2013-14. Full assistant Professor, since 2003 up to now at the University of Alcalá School of Architecture, Madrid, Spain. And Jury in competitions as Quaderns editorial magazine (2011), Mies van der Rohe Awards, (2010-2019), Europan13 (2015). He has been invited to participate in the Biennale di Venezia 2016 as part "Spaces of Exception / Spazi d'Eccezione".
He has published several books, the last in 2016, "#positions" and in 2015 "Inventions: New York vs. Rem Koolhaas, Bernard Tschumi, Piranesi " and collaborations on "Spaces of Exception / Spazi d'Eccezione", "La Mansana de la discordia" (2015), "Arquitectura Contemporánea de Japón: Nuevos territorios" (2015)...
- Award. RENOVATION OF SEGURA RIVER ENVIRONMENT, Murcia, Sapin, 2010.
- First Prize, RENOVATION GRAN VÍA, “Delirious Gran Vía”, Madrid, Spain, 2010.
- First Prize, “PANAYIOTI MIXELI Award”. SADAS-PEA, for the Spreading of Knowledge of Architecture Athens, 2005.
- First Prize, “SANTIAGO AMÓN Award," for the Spreading of Knowledge of Architecture. 2000.
- Award, “PIERRE VAGO Award." ICAC -International committee of Art Critics. London, 2005.
- First Prize, C.O.A.M. Madrid, 2000. Shortlisted, World Architecture Festival. Centro de Investigación e Interpretación de los Ríos. Tera, Esla y Orbigo, Barcelona, 2008.
- First Prize. FAD AWARD 07 Ephemeral Interventions. “M.C.ESCHER”. Arquin-Fad. Barcelona, Sapin 2007.