Ábalos+Sentkiewicz arquitectos, AS+. Madrid-based architecture practice was founded and led by Iñaki Ábalos and Renata Sentkiewicz in 2006. The practice has local offices in Cambridge (USA) and Shanghai (China).
Iñaki Ábalos and Renata Sentkiewicz have taught in prestigious university centres such as GSD-Harvard University, Architectural Association, Columbia, Cornell, Princeton, and ETSAM, combining academic, professional and research activities. Iñaki Ábalos has been Chair of the Department of Architecture at GSD Harvard University and RIBA International Fellowship 2009 (Royal Institute of British Architects). Abalos is currently Chaired Professor at ETSAM.
The projects and built work of Abalos+Sentkiewicz AS+ are internationally recognized and have been the subject of individual exhibitions and many collective exhibitions in the most prestigious centres: GSD Harvard, AA-London, Pavillon de l’Arsenale-Paris, MoMA-NYC (5 built works in three different exhibitions: Light construction, ON Site, Groundswell), Chicago Architecture Biennial, Biennale di Architettura di Venezia, etc. This prestige also reflects in the 40 awards received (25 of them first prizes) in architecture competitions. Another 46 awards have been given to different research and design activities, 19 of them to Built Works. Their professional work has been collected in 12 monographs and their theoretical work has been compiled through 12 books. Critic William Curtis has chosen one work of the firm, the Pavilion in the Retiro Park, as one of the three best works built in Spain during the last 30 years.
- Integration systems. Yangpu district zero carbon park by AS+ and Atelier L+
- AS + completes the Intermodal Station, urban environment and Felipe VI park in Logroño
- Ábalos+Sentkiewicz completes a church in New Bund International Distric
- "Dualisms: A House, A Palace" exhibition
- Presentation of the IV International Architecture Congress, ARCHITECTURE: CHANGE OF CLIMATE
- Atelier Albert Oehlen
- Zhuhai Huafa Contemporary Art Museum by Ábalos + Sentkiewicz
- Opening. Spanish Pavilion Biennale di Venezia 2014
- Iñaki Abalos, curator of the Spanish Pavilion at 2014 Venice Biennale
- Lolita, office building by Ábalos + Sentkiewicz
- Solar Tower by Ábalos+Sentkiewicz Arquitectos
- ÁBALOS, SENTKIEWICZ Y URSPURNG
- IÑAKI ÁBALOS Appointed Chair of the Department of Architecture at the GSD Harvard University
- Highspeed Train Station by Ábalos+Sentkiewicz Arquitectos
- La Caseta desmontable y la Casa Bloc del GATCPAC. Iñaki Abalos and Victor Pérez Escolano
- IÑAKI ÁBALOS
- BRUNO TAUT. ALPINE ARCHITECTURE
- ÁBALOS+SENTKIEWICZ. 6 VERTICALSCAPES