Ábalos+Sentkiewicz arquitectos. Iñaki Ábalos and Renata Sentkiewicz have worked together since 1999, first in Ábalos&Herreros and since 2006 in Ábalos+Sentkiewicz arquitectos. The work they develop stands out for proposing an original synthesis of technical rigor, formal imagination and discipline integration between architecture, environment and landscape, an approach they have named as “A Thermodynamic Beauty”. Their recent work has been collected in monographs as DA Architecture Doc. n.63, COAA, 2007, Abalos + Sentkiewicz arquitectos, (Thermodynamic beauty), 2G n.56 (GG, 2011) and Logroño Intermodal Station (Q estudio, 2012).
They have been awarded in many international competitions, being widely published and subject of individual (Colegio Oficial de Arquitectos de Cataluña, Barcelona. 2000, 2005; AA School, London. 2003; Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago. 2004; Fundación ICO, Madrid, 2005; Círculo de Bellas Artes, Madrid. 2007; Universitá Roma Tre, Roma, 2009, Bienal de Arquitectura de Buenos Aires, 2011) and collective exhibitions (Biennale di Architettura di Venezia, Venice, 1999, 2002, 2005, 2012; Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1995, 2005, 2006; Pavillon de l’arsenale, Paris, 2006; Ecological Urbanism, GSD Harvard University, 2009; Laboratorio Gran Vía, Fundación Telefónica, Madrid, 2010; Proyecto Tierra, Alhóndiga, Bilbao 2010).
Ábalos+Sentkiewicz arquitectos, with offices in Boston and Madrid, stands out the contemporary scene as one of the few international firms able to combine a deep sense of authorship (all designs are personally directed by the partners of the firm) with a systematic collaborative attitude involving in the design process from the very first steps professionals of different fields, clients and institutions, something that reflects in the success of their built work, both in the urban realm and specialized media.
- Ábalos+Sentkiewicz completes a church in New Bund International Distric
- "Dualisms: A House, A Palace" exhibition
- Presentation of the IV International Architecture Congress, ARCHITECTURE: CHANGE OF CLIMATE
- Atelier Albert Oehlen
- Zhuhai Huafa Contemporary Art Museum by Ábalos + Sentkiewicz
- Opening. Spanish Pavilion Biennale di Venezia 2014
- Iñaki Abalos, curator of the Spanish Pavilion at 2014 Venice Biennale
- Lolita, office building by Ábalos + Sentkiewicz
- Solar Tower by Ábalos+Sentkiewicz Arquitectos
- ÁBALOS, SENTKIEWICZ Y URSPURNG
- IÑAKI ÁBALOS Appointed Chair of the Department of Architecture at the GSD Harvard University
- Highspeed Train Station by Ábalos+Sentkiewicz Arquitectos
- La Caseta desmontable y la Casa Bloc del GATCPAC. Iñaki Abalos and Victor Pérez Escolano
- IÑAKI ÁBALOS
- BRUNO TAUT. ALPINE ARCHITECTURE
- ÁBALOS+SENTKIEWICZ. 6 VERTICALSCAPES