Junya Ishigami, born in Tokyo, Japan (1974). Education:
1994 - 1998 Musashi Institute of Technology.
1998 - 2000 Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music.
Professional experience: 2000 - 2004 Kazuyo Sejima + Associates. In 2004 he set up his own firm, "Junya Ishigami + Associates". Junya Ishigami questions common understanding of architecture. This allows him to create things beyond trends, established principles and definitions, develop new structures, new spaces and organize the environment differently. He hopes his projects will be able to change the lifestyle of modern architecture radically and fill it with new values.
Main projects: Table. Tokyo, Japan, 2005 T. project. (First prize in residential architecture project sponsored by the Tokyo Electric Power Company). Tokyo, Japan, 2005 Balloon. Tokyo, Japan, 2007 Kanagawa Institute of Technology KAIT kobo. Kanagawa, Japan, 2008 Yohji Yamamoto New York Gansevoort street store, NY, USA, 2008.
Main awards: “low chair and round table” were acquired by the Pompidou Centre. Milan, Italy, 2004, SD Prize for “small garden of row house”. Japan, 2005, Kirin Prize for “Table” . Tokyo , Japan, 2005, First prize in residential architecture project for “t project”. Tokyo, Japan, 2005, “Table” shown at the Basel Art Fair by Gallery Koyanagi in 2006 and acquired by the Israel Museum. Basel , Swiss, 2006.
- The duality of space inside a cave. House & Restaurant by Junya Ishigami
- A carpet resembling a rainbow. Rainbow Carpet by Junya Ishigami
- Japan Architecture Guide. 30 Buildings that reflect the conception of space in Japan
- Process of passing time as concept. Plaza of Kanagawa Institute of Technology by junya ishigami + associates
- New images of Serpentine Pavilion 2019 Junya Ishigami
- Junya Ishigami completes the Serpentine Pavilion 2019
- Stunning Japanese Landscape. The Water Garden by Junya Ishigami
- Serpentine pavilion 2019 designed by Junya Ishigami
- 12 meter cantilevered display shelves for JINS by Junya Ishigami
- Opening Freeing Architecture on Junya Ishigami in Foundation Cartier
- Junya Ishigami. Freeing Architecture
- Opening the Park Groot Vijversburg by MAKS and Junya Ishigami
- A Japanese Constellation: Toyo Ito, SANAA, and Beyond, at MoMA
- House of Peace by Ishigami + Svendborg
- Junya Ishigami wins Port of Kinmen Passenger Service Center competition
- Junya Ishigami exhibition at Bordeaux
- JUNYA ISHIGAMI. How small? How vast? How archItecture grows?
- Junya Ishigami: Architecture as Air, 2 videos
- JUNYA ISHIGAMI and MAKS win the contest for Park Groot Vijversburg
- JUNYA ISHIGAMI at MADRID. "MY WORKS" + Small Images [book]
- KAIT Kobo - Kanagawa Institute of Technology, in DETAIL