MAD Office, Beijing, China. MAD is a Beijing-based architecture design office dedicated to creating innovative projects. The firm combines sophisticated design philosophy with advanced technology in addressing and furthering issues in contemporary architecture and urbanity.
The firm has been the recipient of numerous awards including the 2006 Architectural League of New York's Young Architects Forum Award.
MAD's ongoing projects include: the international competition winning Absolute Tower in Toronto, Canada; The Tianjin Sinosteel International Plaza, a 320M tall tower in Tianjin, China; the Mongolian Museum in Inner Mongolia, China, and a private villa in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The firm has also won numerous international design competitions, including: the 2006 Absolute Tower Competition in Toronto; the 2005 Solar Plaza Competition in Guangzhou, China, and the 2004 Shanghai National Software Outsourcing Base.
MAD's work has been published worldwide, and the office has also presented its designs in a series of exhibitions. In 2006, MAD was shown at the ‘MAD in China' exhibition in Venice during the Architecture Biennial, and the ‘MAD Under Construction' exhibition at the Tokyo Gallery in Beijing. In March of 2007, MAD will be shown at ‘MAD.exe' an exhibition at the Danish Architecture Centre in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Ma Yansong, Yosuke Hayano and Qun Dand
- Nature and Experimental density in LA. Garden House by MAD Architects
- Third landscape. Courtyard Kindergarten by MAD Architects
- MAD designed “Shenzhen Bay Culture Park”, as scales of time for a young city
- Construction Underway on “Quzhou Sports Campus” by MAD Architects
- MAD designed a Second Hutong Bubble in Beijing’s Historic Neighborhoods
- MAD’s ‘UNIC’ Residential, First Built Project in Europe, last steps before completed
- MAD’s ‘Yiwu Grand Theater’ Winning Proposal. Tradition floating on the water
- MAD Architects’ ‘Harbin Airport T3 Terminal’ Designed As A Snowflake on landscape
- ‘East 34th’ an organic tower by MAD Architects in Manhattan’s Skyline
- The Centre Pompidou acquires 12 architectural models by MAD Architects
- MAD Architects Design Panoramic Viewpoint for Fenix Warehouse
- MAD Architects Transforms Siheyuan Courtyard Into a Kindergarten With Floating Roof
- “Tunnel of Light”. MAD restores the Kiyotsu Gorge Tunnel for Japan's 2018 Echigo-Tsumari Triennale
- MAD's Chaoyang Park Plaza in the eye of Iwan Baan
- MAD architects completes Chaoyang Park Plaza. China Landscape
- Imagining mountains. Huangshan Mountain Village by MAD Architects
- MAD, inverts the tower Eiffel, with its proposal for the renovation of the Tour Montparnasse
- New Roca’s Beijing Gallery completed by MAD Architects
- The China Philharmonic Orchestra by MAD Architects, a translucent design
- MAD Architects transforms two-story home into a kindergarten
- Harbin Opera House by MAD Architects
- Clover House, A Homelike Kindergarten by MAD
- First renderings. Lucas Museum of Narrative Art by MAD
- China Wood Sculpture Museum by MAD ARCHITECTS
- Ma Yansong exhbition, by Reto Ilari Halme
- Between Modernity (Global) and Tradition (Local)", by Ma Yansong
- Ma Yansong in Madrid. “Ma Yansong: Between (global) modernity and (local) tradition”
- MA YANSONG in Madrid
- New Museum in Ordos by MAD