Vaillo + Irigaray Architects is an architecture firm founded in 1998 by Antonio Vaíllo and Juan Luis Irigaray, with Yago Vaíllo joining as a partner in 2020. It is located in Navarra, Spain.
Working method in the office is based on the concept of project strategy, which embraces the widest range of possible scales, from a simple bench to the whole city. It proposes a creative process that will develop founding concepts to be equally applied to management, procedures and design.
VAILLO+IRIGARAY ARCHITECTS conceive design from a multifocal perspective, so they deal with matters from diverse points of view to contribute unifying solutions.
Their source of inspiration is the project itself: the client, function, program, financial resources… are just raw materials to creativity. Consequently, every project has a unique personality, every project demands exclusive materials and details: every project requires an investigation process and a precise development, according to specific needs. The office structure is organized in 6 areas:
eLAB.- Experimental laboratory for basic creativity to explore urban, social, cultural needs. It is oriented to generate new patterns of interaction with the world of industry, architecture and art. I + D + i.- Innovation and research with the intention to face the needs in every project according to the world of industry, construction and arts and crafts. BRANDing 360°.- Platform to promote brand strategy as a 360º process. PROJECTS.-Area for design and definition of urban, architectural and industrial projects.
PROJECTS.- Area for design and definition of: Museums architecture, Museography, Interior design, Product design, Public architecture, Educational architecture, Housing, Health architecture, Offices architecture, Commercial architecture, Urban design, Industrial architecture. INTERNATIONAL.- We develop our international dimension associated with different architectural firms in Swizertland, Mexico and Israel. TEACHING.- Defenders of professional hybridization theory / practice, we combine the practice of architecture with the Teaching. Teachers in different Schools of Architecture and Guest Lecturers in different educational institutions to teach disciplines related to architecture, Innovation and Creativity. Regular lectures at several centers, institutions and groups.
AWARDS & PUBLICATIONS.- Their work has received numerous awards in national and international competitions both for formal and constructive quality. Their work is regularly published in the most important national and international media.
- Vaillo+Irigaray Architects wins the competition for the new building of the Donostia International Physics Foundation
- Adaptation of urban to rural. Housing in the woods by Vaillo+Irigaray Architects
- Biomimicry and biotipes. Biomedical Research Center by Vaillo + Irigaray Architects
- A new look at Basque culture. Basque Museum Bilbao by Vaillo + Irigaray Architects
- New proposal for the Faculty of Tourism of the University of Malaga by Vaillo + Irigaray Arquitectos
- Tourism Faculty in University of Malaga by Vaillo + Irigaray Architects
- Psychiatric Center – Refurbishment & Extension by Vaillo+Irigaray Architects, Galar, Vélaz
- Occidens Museum. Pamplona Cathedral