Antonio Flórez Urdapilleta was born in Vigo in 1887 and died in Madrid in 1941.
Academician of the Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando in 1932, with a speech dedicated to the teaching of architecture, the years of the civil war were extremely bitter for him since he was removed from the office as chief architect at construcciones Escolares, first by the Government of the Republic in 1937, and then by the government of General Franco in 1939.
Francisco Javier de Luque y López was born in Seville in 1871 and died in Madrid in 1941. He was a Spanish architect. He graduated in Physical and Mathematical Sciences in Seville in 1893 and in Architecture in Madrid in 1899. His main projects include the Cathedral of Mary Immaculate in Vitoria, the building of the Geological and Mining Institute of Spain, the Ministry of Education building (Madrid), the College of Jesus and Mary (Madrid), the Church of the Twelve Apostles (Madrid), the Pavilion 4 at the Residence of the Higher Council for Scientific Research (Residencia de Estudiantes, Madrid), the flag of Spain in the Venice Biennale (1922) and the restoration and completion of the facade of the Cathedral of Seville (Seville, 1921).
Between 1909 and 1914 he lived in Vitoria, where he was an academician of the Real Academia de Bellas Artes of San Fernando de Alava. Later he moved to Madrid, city where he taught at the School of Architecture and where he was a technician of the civilian buildings section of the Ministry of Public Instruction and Fine Arts.
In teaching, he has been Professor of Studio class at Technical University of Madrid and other centers as guest lecturer: UIMP, Camuñas Foundation and CEES, besides numerous conferences and seminars. He has been Director of the magazine BODEN between 1974-1976, Director of Architecture Magazine COAM between the years 1977-1980, Founder and Director of the AXA Gallery in the years 1980-1981 and has written numerous articles in journals and newspapers, complementing his work. He is Chairman of the Board of the "Foundation Study" and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the College Study.
He has won awards in prestigious national and international competitions and his work has been published in journals of national and international architecture and exposed repeatedly, both nationally and internationally. His work has been honored with numerous awards, he has been present in virtually all editions of the Biennial of Spanish Architecture and Architecture Exhibition at national and international level. He has won the Prize for Urban Planning and Public Architecture of the City of Madrid in 1985, 1987, 1993, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2006, the COAM Prize of the College of Architects of Madrid in 1995 and 2003, Quality, Architecture and Housing Award of the Community of Madrid 2004, the National Prize of Sport Architecture (Center for High Performance Granada) in 1998, the National Award for Rehabilitation of the COE (National Library) in 1995 and The National Award for Housing Quality of the Ministry of Housing in 2007.