Henning Larsen Architects design a extension for the Swedish National Museum

More information

HENNING LARSEN ARCHITECTS

Henning Larsen Architects, was founded in 1959 an is an  is an international architecture company with strong Scandinavian roots.

Henning Larsen was born in 1925 in the town of Opsund, Videbæk, in western Denmark and moved with his parents to Bregninge, Zealand, as a child. Henning Larsen graduated from the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture, in 1952. He established the company after a study trip to the United States. He started out with only one architecture student among his staff. Today, Henning Larsen Architects is one of Europe’s leading architectural companies. Henning Larsen's life work counts a number of significant building works in Denmark and abroad. He was often described as a "master the light". From 1968 to 1995, he was a professor at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture in Copenhagen.

Henning Larsen received a number of awards and recognitions. Most recently, His Royal Highness the Prince Consort of Denmark's Europe Nostra Award 2013 and in 2012 what is often referred to as the Nobel Prize of art, the Praemium Imperiale. In 2001, he established the Henning Larsen Foundation with the objective of promoting and disseminating architecture in its broad sense.

Among Henning Larsen's most important works abroad, you find the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia, 1984), The Danish Embassy in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia, 1987) and Malmö City Library (Sweden, 1997). In Denmark, his most essential works include Copenhagen Business School Dalgas Have (1989), Enghøj Church (1994), Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek (1996) and the Royal Danish Opera (2004).

Categories

Prev
Prev

Our selection