Óscar Miguel Ares. Valladolid, 1972. Archtiect from School of Architecture of Valladolid, in 1998. In 2010, he obtained the title of Doctor from the University of Valladolid - for the thesis "GATEPAC 1928-1939" - being his tutor Mr. Juan Antonio Cortés. Since 2013 he is professor of design at the ETS de Arquitectura de Valladolid. He has collaborated, as visiting professor, at ETSA La Salle (Ramón Lluch University, Barcelona), at San Pablo CEU University (Valladolid) and at the School of Design at Al Ghurari University (Dubai, UAE).
His texts and works on architectural criticism have been published in different publications as well as by the composition and projects departments of the ETSA Madrid, UPC in Barcelona –with whom he has assiduously collaborated as editor in the publication DC Papers-, ETSA in Seville and ETSA Cartagena. He has given conferences and lectures in Helsinki, Mexico City, Porto, Pamplona, Barcelona, Madrid or Seville. Author of the book: "Alternative Modernity. Transits of form in Spanish architecture (1930-1936)" University of Valladolid (2016).
Since March 2012 he has been carrying out his professional work alone, together with the architect Bárbara Arranz, under the Contextos de Arquitectura y Urbanismo brand. As an architect he has won various competitions, his work being awarded at the XIV Spanish Biennial of Architecture and Urbanism 2018; work exhibited in the Spanish Pavilion of the XII Biennale di Venezia (May 2021); selected in XI Biennial of Ibero-American Architecture of Architecture and Urbanism Paraguay (October 2019); finalist in the 2018 FAD Awards; finalist in the 2017 Spanish Architecture Awards; selected Enor Awards (2020), Awarded with the American Architecture Prize (New York, 2017, Bilbao 2019); Awarded with the International Architecture Awards 2018 granted by The Chicago Athenaeum / Europeen (Athens, 2018); Awarded with The Plan Award, (Venice 2018, Milan 2019); more than a dozen awards and mentions at the Castilla y León Architecture Awards (2009, 2011, 2016, 2018 and 2020), as well as awarded at the Castilla y León Sustainable Construction Awards (2017 and 2018). His works have been published in numerous national and international magazines, including METALOCUS, Domus, Arquitectura Viva, Tectónica, Hic Arquitectura or Baumeister, On Diseño and he has exhibited in Madrid, Seville, Venice, Paris and New York.
Director, together with Anna and Eugeni Bach, of the XV Spanish Biennial of Architecture and Urbanism, "Empty Spain / Full Spain; conciliation strategies", forming part of the different juries of the awarded categories.
- Two worlds of opposing natures. Jardinillos Park renovation by Óscar Miguel Ares Álvarez
- Tradition and industrialization. Municipal pools in Castromonte by Óscar Miguel Ares Álvarez
- Award winners in photography, research and final degree project of the XV BEAU
- Winners of the XV Spanish Biennial of Architecture and Urbanism in Barcelona
- Finalist Research Projects, Final Degree Projects and Photography of the XV BEAU
- Finalists of the 'Panorama de Obras' Spanish Biennial of architecture and urbanism
- Dates for XV BEAU announced: Spain empty, Spain full. Reconciliation strategies
- Helping to return home. Victoria´s House by Óscar Miguel Ares
- Metalworking Industry Building by Óscar Miguel Ares Álvarez
- A new garden-park for Palencia by Óscar Miguel Ares
- Refurbishment of Premises for Kindergarten by Óscar Miguel Ares Álvarez
- Industrial warehouse renovation by Óscar Miguel Ares
- A minimalist residence for the old people in Aldeamayor de San Martín
- Plaza Mayor of Traspinedo
- Rehabilitation of Traspinedo's City Hall
- Resin Interpretation Centre by Óscar Miguel Ares
- To renovate a courtyard, by Óscar Miguel Ares Álvarez