Mixed program. Gare Maritime by Neutelings Riedijk Architects and Bureau Bouwtechniek

More information

Project team
Architectural design.- Neutelings Riedijk Architects. Architectural design team.- Michiel Riedijk, Willem Jan Neutelings, Dieter de Vos, Kenny Tang, Alejandro Mosquera Garcia, Alexey Boev, Anselmo Nižić, Frank Venhorst, Pietro Manara. Architectural engineering.- Bureau Bouwtechniek.
Collaborators
Civil and structural engineering renovation.- Ney & Partners BXL. Civil and structural engineering new pavillions.- Ney & Partners WOW. MEP.- Boydens engineering, Brugge. Building physics.- Boydens engineering, Brugge. Landscape architect.- OMGEVING, Antwerpen. Restoration architect.- Jan de Moffarts, i.c.w. Bureau Bouwtechniek. Interior designer (public spaces).- Neutelings Riedijk Architects. Artist.- Henri Jacobs. Cost consultant.- Bureau Bouwtechniek. Acoustics.- Venac, Brussel. Fire safety.- FPC Risk, Antwerpen. Main contractor.- MBG. Wood contractor.- Züblin. Installations contractor.- Cegelec, VMA, NTSA, Van Hoey, IFTech. Project coordination, safety manager BREEAM assessor.- Bopro.
Area
45,000 sqm.
Dates
Start design.- Q1 2017. Start construction.- Q3 2018. Completion.- Starting from November 2019. In use.- First offices opened in November 2019.
Location
Picardstraat, Tour & Taxis, Brussel, BE.

Ene Neutelings, Michiel Riedijk. NEUTELINGS-RIEDIJK

Neutelings Riedijk Architects was founded in 1987 by Willem Jan Neutelings and Michiel Riedijk. Over the past twenty-five years Neutelings Riedijk Architects has established itself internationally as a leading practice, specializing in the design and realization of complex projects for public, commercial and cultural buildings. They have designed and built theatres, concert halls, city halls, museums, libraries, hotels, schools and office buildings. We have wide experience in balancing the complex functions and logistics of these projects with their often delicate historical and urban contexts to give them the iconic significance in the public realm that their clients desire.

The work of Neutelings Riedijk Architects has gained worldwide appreciation through numerous publications in the international press. The office has received awards such as the Golden Pyramid, the Belgian Building Award, the BNA-Cube and the Rotterdam-Maaskant Prize and has been shortlisted for the Mies van der Rohe Award. Its work has been selected for exhibitions in Paris, New York, Los Angeles, Venice, Beijing, São Paulo, Barcelona, Moscow and Prague, amongst others.

Bureau Bouwtechniek

Bureau Bouwtechniek is an organisation with 10 self-managing teams.

Bureau Bouwtechniek's ambition is to deliver custom work of the highest quality with intelligent technical added value. 

BB can guarantee the efficient supervision and control of the entire construction process, both in ambitious, large-scale projects and projects of a more comprehensible scale with a separate challenge. 

BB has a team of multidisciplinary construction and energy specialists who advise on a design or renovation project from an integrated and up-to-date vision.  

Bureau Bouwtechniek thus remains a pioneer in the field of circular and sustainable construction, the development of innovative (renovation) methods, concepts and techniques and advice on the technology of building.

Due to the unique and diverse composition of their team, complex studies and advice can be handled integrally in-house. As an experienced firm with a solid reputation, they enjoy working on large, ambitious construction projects. Nevertheless, they are equally committed and passionate about fine, small-scale work. In addition to added value from a construction perspective, they believe that their no-nonsense approach and open and respectful dialogue with all parties involved are additional assets that bring a collaboration to a successful conclusion.

Bureau Bouwtechniek works on an average of 300 projects a year. The lion's share (70%) of these are high-quality architectural projects in which we act as the architect's partner. The remaining 30% are technical renovation dossiers and unique, specialised construction-technical advice.

BB employs 75 architects and engineers. 

In addition to the head office in Antwerp, BB has branches in Brussels and Ghent.
JUNG METALOCUS

Categories

Prev
Prev

Our selection