Jordi Badia (Barcelona, 1961) graduated in architecture from the ETSAB (Barcelona School of Architecture) in 1989. Between 1989 and 1993 he practiced a professional partnership with Tonet Sunyer. In 1994 founded the BAAS architecture study, Jordi Badia combines his professional task of an architect with that of a professor at the Department of Architectural Projects at ETSAB since 2001 and at ESARQ-UIC since 2009. He also collaborates to the newspaper ARA since 2010 and is editor of the Hic Architecture since 2009. Along with Felix Arranz, he curated the Catalan and Balearic Pavilion at the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale 2012.
The practice is currently working on various projects, including the town hall in Montroig del Camp, the headquarters of the Barcelona Supercomputing Centre and the new premises of the MUHBA (Museum of History of Barcelona) in Poblenou district, Barcelona. The office is also working on the citizens building in Palamós, the extensive rehabilitation of Alta Diagonal office building in Barcelona and the Radio and TV University in Katowice, Poland.
- Transforming ruins. Museum Oliva Artés by BAAS arquitectura
- Department of Radio and Television University of Silesia by BAAS Arquitecture, Grupa 5 Architekci and Małeccy Biuro Projektowe
- BAAS & ESPINET UBACH won the contest refurbishment of the Hospital Campus and the new Research Institute (VHIR)
- Intervention in Oliva Artés factory by BAAS Arquitectura
- Proposal for renovation the San Salvador Pavilion Exhibition Space
- ARCHITECTURE AND CITY by Jordi Badia
- VOGADORS + 9 arquitectos catalanes
- VOGADORS Official Launch
- TORRE TELEFÓNICA. DIAGONAL 00
- CAP PROGRÉS-RAVAL. BADALONA. Shortlist Costrumat
- VACÍOS PERSISTENTES